Egg's England Geocoin

Team Maddie UK

The trackable England geocoin being put out by EGG is up for sale at 9:00 pm on the 27th of January. The sale will take place at a well known store as it will make distribution to US buyers much easier than if they had to wait for shipping from the UK at higher costs.

Full details of the coin can be seen here.

EGG description

There will be 600 regular coins and 100 LE (the Golden EGG) available, as the UK and European pre-orders have spoken for the rest.

Thanks AG for the correction in time.

Edited by Team Maddie UK

I do not understand the selling procedur. In this thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=118888

we made preorders. Here is the preorder list:

http://www.pentigg.plus.com/egg/EGGSITE.htm

Which coin do I get there?

Do I have to order over http://www.geocoinstore.com/ too?

best regards Marc

PS: I do not pay something, because I do not get an invoice.

Edited by Susanne&Marc
A somehow simple question:

Why is the price for the LE 10$ and for the regular 8$, as there is no evident difference than the color?!?

This was an issue on the Mississippi coin too, they changed the price so both coins are the same ...

When the LE doesn't have any additional cost to manufacture, then its higher price is just to increase revenue to the seller. It's not a difficult thing to figure out. I'm not saying that's the case here, since I'm not aware of the other features besides the gold metal. They could have gone with more expensive paint (imitation hard enamel instead of soft enamel) or something like that.

--Marky

Why is the price for the LE 10$ and for the regular 8$, as there is no evident difference than the color?!?

LE is in gold, and regular in silver. The light/dark color only indicates raised/recessed, not the metal. But I agree that different colors would have been handy to overcome misunderstandings.

LE is in gold, and regular in silver. The light/dark color only indicates raised/recessed, not the metal. But I agree that different colors would have been handy to overcome misunderstandings.

We know the LE is Gold, we are just wondering if there is any justification beyond profit for the $10 price. :lol:

--Marky

All UK and European invoices have now been sent out.

In answer to some queries about the cost of the LE. There are extra costs involved with these coins, but not the LE specifically. They all could have been sold at the same price but then the cost of all the coins would have had to go up to cover the added expense. Since there was no justification in this, we decided to throw the extra expense into the cost of the LE's as it was a much smaller quantity and would cover the extra costs.

Lynn