Moving Tb's To Unknown Location

unique

We're sure that this must have been addressed but are unable to find the posts about it. In the directions on how to handle missing TBs, it says that the owner has the ability to move them to Unknown Location. We have several who seem to have taken side trips and are still showing as being located in caches. To help searchers know what to expect, we've attempted to mark them correctly. When we mark them as Missing, it doesn't change anything on the cache or the TB pages. Unknown Location doesn't seem to be an option. Could it be that the pages have been changed and the "how to" hasn't been updated? Sorry if this is apparent to everyone else, but we just want to fix our sites. Thanks, Unique

It looks like the option is still there to me...

Make sure you log into your account, and then go to the TB's page. on the right side halfway down there is 'Travel Bug Owner Options'. Underwhich it tells you, the owner, the tracking number, and has a drop down list. On of the three items in that list is 'mark bug missing'. Pick this, and click 'go'. This should show move the icon off the last caches page, and mark the location as 'unknown'.

Thank you. I did all that and it is showing as Unknown on my TB list. However, it seems to be still showing as in the cache on the individual cache page. I was trying to fix the bug so it wouldn't misslead geocachers as to whether there was a TB located in the cache or not. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for trying to help. Unique