More Emoticons

ATMouse

Earlier in the thread, I've already asked for more hamster-related emoticons. Let's see if Geocaching.com actually LISTENS to its CUSTOMERS or is simply out to promote its self-interested, frog-driven agenda. Personally, I don't see where hamsters are inconsistent with world domination through subversive religion masquerading as science. But that's just me.

lmao.gif

1.  In your forum Control Panel, you can turn off emoticons from being displayed.  Unfortunately the same checkbox also disables images from being displayed.

Ahh, that would be a bit drastic.

But since you are Not the Painter, perhaps that won't bother you.

Ha!

2.  There are innumerable examples where the meaning and tone of a forum post has been misunderstood, leading to unnecessary angst and flaming.  Sometimes a simple  :mad:  is all it takes to let someone know "don't worry, I'm only kidding."

I agree, Over the decades I've seen countless miscommunications based on tone. I've been the recipient and sadly the instigator.

You know, I've never seen anyone prove that emoticons can change the tone. People would like to think that that is the case, but I personally don't think it is. Writing is hard, exceptionally hard, and I know I'm not very good at it. But I don't think a yellow (or green) face will change that.

I'm not saying ban them, no, clearly a lot of people enjoy them. I'm just not one of them. Like I said, call me a crumudgeon. Ah yes, I'm being way too serious here. I guess I should just saw "alpaca" or something like that.

Paul

Hi!

Here bumping this back up.

Some emoticons, like this one are cool, but I don't see Signal doing this:

play_ball.gif

But I do see Signal doing this:

comp26.gif

Okay seriously, bumping the thread daily is annoying.

Those who need to see it, no doubt have.

Edited by The Badge & the Butterfly