More Emoticons

ATMouse

Yes, MORE! I'd take more Signal ones - he's cool!

But there are jumping and laughing falling down and all sorts of new ones. How about the 3-Stooge-like bang on the head?

Or Signal shaking his head? or Signal dancing? Or another full-image Signal, not just "lost signal Signal"?

I'll bet there are other folk out there who could come up with more ideas...give me a moment or two!!

How about Signal jumping off the end of a pier?

Or Signal with a banner saying"YES"! (kinda lame)

Signal doing the "I found it!" happy dance with a little ammo can!

Signal doing the "blink" thing. (I know the smilies are doing that, but it'da be funny)

Signal with a fire hose spraying?

I Signal rolling in the floor laughing.

I Signal that has tomatoes being thrown at him.

A spinning Signal....I don't know why but would be cute.

A Singal that is shushing like this 27.gif

A Signal that is an angel.

We have a Santa Signal how about an Easter Bunny, or Halloween Signal.

Come On Give Us More Signals!! PLEASE!!!

Oh that reminds me we need a begging Signal.... :D:bad:

I'd be happy if I just understood the correct and appropriate way to use the :D smiley.

This particular emoticon is called 'rolleyes'. In real life, when you roll your eyes at something somebody says, it means something along the lines of "sheesh!", and it's not a real positive form of expression.

Like, "Sheesh! What is wrong with you?".

But I see it used in posts in ways that this interpretation doesn't quite fit.

So what emotion is :bad: supposed to be express?

Back OT: I'm ambivalent about the need for more emoticons. Maybe an emoticon which expresses ambivalence would be nice.

:D

So what emotion is :D supposed to be express?

:bad: Sheesh?!?!

No sometimes I think it means, "Can you believe that?" or "Whatever!" or to express frustration.

For example: "Then she said he was a dog :D"

Or: "Some People! :D"

Or: "Can't you spell anything right? :)"

At least the teenagers around me use the eyes rolling in this way. :)

How about Signal heaving a big sigh?

How about Signal slowly turning red? (and his head blowing off...naw, kidding!)

How about Signal beating a dead horse? (only may be kidding here)

How about Signal yawning? (I know we have tired Signal, but he looks doped up to me, okay?)

How about Signal scratching his head?

These do?

:lol:

emoticons.jpg

OK be honest now how many people sat at their desks and went through this whole image trying to make the same faces before you realized that you're in the office and all your co-workers are suddenly stopping what they're doing and looking at you funny?

Aside from that, I noticed that the OP did not use a single emoticon.

I would like to see more emoticons relating to Jazz.

I noticed that the OP did not use a single emoticon.

:):)

I hadn't realized that this thread had to contain emoticons to make the case for more....

I had noticed that too Hugh and found myself :). ATMouse you didn't have to have an emoticon but I found it funny that you posted you used them a lot but then didn't have any in your post asking for more. B)

Anyway, back on topic. More emoticons would be cool.

Great emoticons Ambrosia. Some more:

guitarist.gif

beerchug.gif

thewife.gif

I noticed that the OP did not use a single emoticon.

:):)

I hadn't realized that this thread had to contain emoticons to make the case for more....

I had noticed that too Hugh and found myself :). ATMouse you didn't have to have an emoticon but I found it funny that you posted you used them a lot but then didn't have any in your post asking for more. B)

Anyway, back on topic. More emoticons would be cool.

Great emoticons Ambrosia. Some more:

guitarist.gif

beerchug.gif

thewife.gif

Phumpf!

Go check the Cheese Counting thread and see what kind of use I make of emoticons.

Clearly ya'll don't understand irony...

PS: Stump, I like the guitar player, but he seems a bit intense, ya know?

Edited by ATMouse

Call me a crumudgeon but I'd like to see the new forum software have an option to strip them out so I don't see them. Feel free to use them, I just won't see them.

Call me old fashioned but what's wrong with making your meaning clear via words? I see the yellow (and green) ones and just don't bother to interpret them.

Paul

Call me a crumudgeon but I'd like to see the new forum software have an option to strip them out so I don't see them. Feel free to use them, I just won't see them.

Call me old fashioned but what's wrong with making your meaning clear via words? I see the yellow (and green) ones and just don't bother to interpret them.

Paul

1. In your forum Control Panel, you can turn off emoticons from being displayed. Unfortunately the same checkbox also disables images from being displayed. But since you are Not the Painter, perhaps that won't bother you.

2. There are innumerable examples where the meaning and tone of a forum post has been misunderstood, leading to unnecessary angst and flaming. Sometimes a simple :) is all it takes to let someone know "don't worry, I'm only kidding."

Earlier in the thread, I've already asked for more hamster-related emoticons. Let's see if Geocaching.com actually LISTENS to its CUSTOMERS or is simply out to promote its self-interested, frog-driven agenda. Personally, I don't see where hamsters are inconsistent with world domination through subversive religion masquerading as science. But that's just me.

Off-topic, I always thought the :) emoticon was used in a situation where you were waiting for the other shoe to drop, or trying to act innocent when in fact you're not. Like the Road-Runner smiling and innocently rolling his eyes while waiting for the Coyote to realize that he is standing in mid air or that the Acme anvil was going to brain him.

On topic, sure, more Emoticons would be nice.

I am with you on this one, Lep.

I would also like to see Cow-themed emoticons. For example, when someone wishes to express the emotion "what kind of a cow-brained idea is that?", I propose something like the following:

cartoon_cow_animated_small.gif

Now you are talking attention9ha.gif...more 0005.gif types of animals that mean something special as the evil monkey evil_monkey.gif or the one everyone knows the snake serpiente.gif. I suppose we could come up with several that would be acceptable if only Jeremy would consider us crazy users of these little critters as worthy of his attention. :)

This is fun! comp11.gif

Thanks!

Shirley~

Earlier in the thread, I've already asked for more hamster-related emoticons.  Let's see if Geocaching.com actually LISTENS to its CUSTOMERS or is simply out to promote its self-interested, frog-driven agenda.  Personally, I don't see where hamsters are inconsistent with world domination through subversive religion masquerading as science.  But that's just me.

This works for me on SOOOOO many levels!

:)

(See how sad? only ONE emoticon even comes CLOSE to what I want to express...It's a sad, sad, sad world...)

sg23gsnifg23g.gif

Edited by ATMouse
Earlier in the thread, I've already asked for more hamster-related emoticons. Let's see if Geocaching.com actually LISTENS to its CUSTOMERS or is simply out to promote its self-interested, frog-driven agenda. Personally, I don't see where hamsters are inconsistent with world domination through subversive religion masquerading as science. But that's just me.

:) ANKLE-BITING HAMSTERS? AAAIIIEEEEE!

:)