Mapsend Software On 2 Gpsr's

Preda8or

Be aware that if you change the serial number to a second (or third) GPSr, that you can make a change in the serial number in MapSend something like 4 times before it stops allowing changes. If necessary, re-installing the software sets the counter back to zero.

are you loading the same info to both units? If so, wh ynot just copy the files to the unit using windows explorer. The 600 should show up as a removable drive.

This won't work since the copyright protection will detect that the map created for GPS A has been installed on GPS B and will not load it in GPS B. That's what the serial number is for.

Officially, Magellan Mapsend software is licensed per GPS not per user so it is supposed to be for 1 GPS only. Not all of us agree with that by the way, especially when we own more than 1 GPS.

JDandDD

DRM has no valid use for consumers. its only purpose is to make your life miserable.

there is a way to get the maps WITHOUT security but I have not figured out how to do it yet Something to do with some program called MMO

personally it should be illegal for them to hardware lock software like that. I am the kind of person who likes having TWO of things for backup purposes and it would really annoy me if my GPS failed on a trip and I could not just pop my SD card into my backup GPS and keep on going :-) grrr :-)

Eventually they will learn and they will stop using DRM and thankfully that HAVE made it so that you can reinstall the software and reset the counter.

Chris Taylor

http://www.nerys.com/

DRM has no valid use for consumers. its only purpose is to make your life miserable.

Here we go again, are you really all the determind everyone that you do not know what you are talking about.

there is a way to get the maps WITHOUT security but I have not figured out how to do it yet Something to do with some program called MMO

Many have tried over the years non have be able to, dream on!

personally it should be illegal for them to hardware lock software like that. I am the kind of person who likes having TWO of things for backup purposes and it would really annoy me if my GPS failed on a trip and I could not just pop my SD card into my backup GPS and keep on going :-) grrr :-)

An wouldn't you alreasy have an SD card loaded and ready in your second GPS, the SD cards are not expensive.

Eventually they will learn and they will stop using DRM and thankfully that HAVE made it so that you can reinstall the software and reset the counter.

Just keep dreaming.

With all the time you are spending in the forums complaining that the world does not revolve around your perception of what the world should be, you could be reading the manuel for your explorsit xl and learning how to use it.

Many people have tried to answere your questions, but you just are not paying attention to what they have said.

try to explain things to you is like trying to talk to a brick.

I did not ask for your opinion.

http://www.msh-tools.com/

using this MMO thing he said he got maps with no security

Chris Taylor

http://www.nerys.com/

If you do not want opinions of other people, I would would suggest that you do not post anything in the forums

Having reaed up on MMO, I do not you would be able to follow the directions, you have alread demonstrated that you have problems reading product discriptions. :D

Edited by JohnnyVegas

DRM is well protected, I was even not able to make a working copy of the CD's for my own use (which is not illegal).

Here's a few ideas:

1. use a different computer for each GPSr. Don't you have an old PC somewhere in your basement? I use an old 1998 laptop w/ AMD K6-2 330Mhz cpu; it's slow but it works with DRM.

2. I have not tried this one but it should work too. Install a virtual PC on your PC, it's like having 2 PCs in one. There are a few free virtual PC's softwares available (check on ZDnet or downloads.com), you can even run different OS's on the same machine.

good luck.