Important Date For Geocaching

Tupperware was invented on this date, Jan. 23, 1942 by Earl Silas Tupper (1908-1983). Tupper was a New Hampshire tree surgeon and plastics innovator, who began experimenting with polyethylene, a new material used primarily for insulation, radar, and radio equipment. He patented the Tupperware seal in 1947. Tupper used "Tupperware Parties" to market the product, a unique way of marketing directly to homemakers.

Maybe we can celebrate today by finding/placing a tupperware cache today :)

earl140.jpg

Edited by Bill & Tammy
Funny thing... in over 400 finds, I have never once found a cache in Tupperware.

Rubbermaid, Lock & Lock, Gladware, Ziplock, Sterlite (sp?), lots of other plastic boxes -- yes. Tupperware -- never.

Have any of you ever really found a Tupperware™ cache? I wonder if t's a regional thing.

This is true, while I often see the container described as Tupperware™ like, it is not common to come across the real stuff (most are those horrid lunch take-a-long savers). I have had one ready to go for quite some time but haven't placed it yet. The doggone thing is so hard to open and replace the lid.

Am I the only one who sees a remarkable resemblance to the actor who played the holographic doctor on Star Trek Voyager?

Only if you look at the "hair style." The facial features are very different.

Have any of you ever really found a Tupperware™ cache? I wonder if t's a regional thing.

I had a real Tupperware™ container which I gave to my brother to hide. Most other containers are Rubbermaid™ and its clones.

Funny thing... in over 400 finds, I have never once found a cache in Tupperware.

Rubbermaid, Lock & Lock, Gladware, Ziplock, Sterlite (sp?), lots of other plastic boxes -- yes.  Tupperware -- never.

Have any of you ever really found a Tupperware™ cache?  I wonder if t's a regional thing.

Yep. I've found a number of caches in genuine Tupperware. :)

The tupperware lids can warp, leading to soggy caches.

As a former Tupperware Lady I can tell you that any round piece of Tupperware that you have to 'Burp' will not leak. So you could actually store it on its side in your fridge with no spillage. If it won't leak, it also won't allow moisture inside of it. I still have the same Tupperware I had 17 years ago when I sold it and the only problems I've had are with the containers for the freezer. I don't like them at all and I have gotten rid of just about all my freezer containers. If you have warped lids or any other broken or damaged pieces (sometimes they peel when they get old) you can call a Tupperware sales person and have them replaced for free. You do not have to have a party. I think the reason most caches are not in real Tupperware is due to the expense when bought brand new.

:D Oh my gosh - greatness I'm not so sure of that. Maybe if I was still a Tupperware Lady after 17 years then possibly the title of greatness could be bestowed upon me. :bad:

I have to say the reason I am no longer selling the stuff is because I'm just not a good sales person. I've seen how people who have the gift of sales can benefit from Tupperware. The gifts and incentives are awesome and the product is the best, maybe by now the freezer containers have been improved. :D

Am I the only one who sees a remarkable resemblance to the actor who played the holographic doctor on Star Trek Voyager?

rp.jpg

I was thinking of this guy:

mhzosh.jpg

Let's see, we've compared Earl Tupper, Robert Picardo, and Jeremy sporting the "Mr. Clean" look? :o

As for finding actual tupperware, I don't know I usually don't check the bottom for brand name. Mostly I think the plastic ones around are other cheaper products. But I do know that I had a big round tupperware dish as a cache for a while. It was good for about a year and a half then got to collecting water because it didn't seal too well. It seems a lot of plastics do fine inside the fridge, but don't fair well in the heat and cold and moistore in all states, outside. :lol: