Posting Pictures From Cache Cameras.

Folks,

I've visited a few caches which had cameras in them, and I've dutifully taken pictures of me (& my hangers on where applicable). So far I've only seen the resultant pictures for one of these caches, because I happened to be reading the forums around the time it was posted and it caught my eye. I have occasionally searched for posts announcing the publication of cache camera pictures but this can be difficult to search for (do you search for the words Pictures, Photographs, Photos, Snaps....) and I haven't found any other galleries that I'm on.

Anyhow it occured to me that if there was a pinned topic where people could announce the publication of their cache photo's it would be easy for someone to come along and find their [horrible] mugshuts, and therefore identify themselves to the owner. If there's already something in place, or an easy way to check, please let me know (btw searching for the cache names isn't an option 'cos I can't remember which caches had cameras in them).

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Martyn

(who's working on placing his first 2 caches soon and will have a camera in one or both).

It is a bit more of a feature suggestion for GC.com than a comment on Martyn’s suggestion, but what about a feature to upload the images to a log and message all finders who have the feature enabled. The same could be done with TBs and work in a similar way to watching a cache, but only send out the notification for this one kind of “cache camera upload” log.

It is a bit more of a feature suggestion for GC.com than a comment on Martyn’s suggestion, but what about a feature to upload the images to a log and message all finders who have the feature enabled. The same could be done with TBs and work in a similar way to watching a cache, but only send out the notification for this one kind of “cache camera upload” log.

I suggested this ages ago, the response I got was I should just post a note and upload all the photos to the gallery. Not really the answer I wanted, but hey, I tried....