Travel Bug Rescue Karma

Dosido

We introduced some friends to geocaching while on vacation in 2004. They (with two kids under 10) were smitten, and promptly went out and bought a GPSr. They returned home from vacation, and immediately went out and found a few caches. They even got in the travel bug game, picking up a TB and a geocoin.

And, for whatever reasons, that was the end of the caching train for them. Fast forward to 2005, and I planned a trip to visit them - checked out their geocaching profile, and noticed that they still had two travel bugs from 2004.

Shortly before going to visit them, one of my travel bugs - Yosemite Sam - turned up after having been reported missing 6 months ago. A cacher had found it on the ground next to a cache miles away from where it was last reported.

We took the trip down to visit our friends, and picked up the wayward bug and coin, and brought them back home to log them, and get them moving again.

While logging the bugs and caches from our trip, I noticed an owner's notification email from one of my geocoins - The Colonel's Coin #1 - which I had placed on the 14th of September of 2003, and it went missing 6 days later. Seems it's turned up a couple of States south of where it was last seen.

So, on my way to rescue two bugs 'missing' for over a year, I get two of mine back too - one 6 months missing, and the other 2.5 years!

I tell ya, that's karma, baby! :unsure: