Comic Strip

OwenKL

I do a webcomic, MONEY TALKS: the Comic Strip, which is usually a mix of gags and editorials. But a few days ago I decided to start an arc on our hobby of geocaching. I've got 4 geocaching strips out*, and a couple more ideas floating in my head, but I want to take this arc for a week or two to take a break from my normal editorial slanted gags, so anyone got any suggestions for me? I can often work backwards from just a punchline, but it's a limited 3-panel comic strip, so long anecdotes probably won't help. You can send them to me direct by clicking on my signature below.

MTLogo100x80.gif ~OwenKL in Santa Fe

*#402 on, for anyone reading this in the future.

Murfster will have another co-byline on Monday's strip, #412. :(

BTW, after a week of some of the sorriest comics I've ever done, I finally caught my Muse by the nape-hairs, and got her to inspire me to write a couple decent geocaching comics for Saturday & Sunday. My only other excuse up until then was that my primary audience is muggles. :(

More ideas are still solicited, otherwise I'm shutting down this arc in a day or two, and going back to my normal editorial & gags, although having established the premise, I'll still throw in a geocaching one now whenever I think of one. :rolleyes:

919.gif

And in some completely unrelated surfing, I found this entry in the Dinosaur Comics Blog:

FINALLY, you probably heard about the Mooninite thing, which echos the Mario blocks thing that Post and I were involved in last year. I will say that what I find most frustrating is the police and media's labelling of events like these: calling them "hoaxes" or "pranks" when they're neither, they're ads and art, respectively.

Here's a picture of a Mooninite object

img_m640.jpg

And of a Mario Block being defused

33106box1.jpg

There are lots more pictures at the sites pointed to in the blog entry.