Distance Says 0 Still?

jeremy4719

And, to add a related question - why is it that in some cases, intermediate miles between caches are calculated and posted on the TB home page but some are not. It appears that when the calculation is not done, the travel bug ceases to accumulate mileage when recalculate mileage is pressed. Such is the case for my son's personal travel coin.

In a recent upgrade Jeremy changed the way mileage was calculated. Apparantly that change is taking up too much database time and causing problems on the web site. Because of this he has turned off the mileage calculation feature temporarily. As soon as he can work things out we'll see the mileage again.

:lol: Yes, I too was horrified to see the milage is gone from my TB. Its brand new and it was just moved about 3 states away. Please bring mileage back,, I JUST upgraded my account to Premium member and I'd like to use these features now that I am a PAYING customer.

Thanx a mil,

RBFLDS

Well here's a thought. In the meantime, if you have some mapping software, enter the cache coordinates for caches visited in it, put them in a route in the order visited, save it as a file named after your bug, and make a map of your very own until the mile-O-meter comes back. There's more than one way to skin a cat!

:lol:

No cats were injured in the making of this suggestion.

In a recent upgrade Jeremy changed the way mileage was calculated. Apparantly that change is taking up too much database time and causing problems on the web site. Because of this he has turned off the mileage calculation feature temporarily. As soon as he can work things out we'll see the mileage again.

So is it safe to assume that once it's turned back on ALL the missing miles travelled by TB's and Coins will be put right then, or will we have to start all over again?

So is it safe to assume that once it's turned back on ALL the missing miles travelled by TB's and Coins will be put right then, or will we have to start all over again?

Well you know what they say about assuming anything, but yes, I think it's safe to assume that no miles will be lost when Jeremy gets things working again.