Best Cache Container

Jettdude

I've been very impressed with the creativity of my fellow cachers !! I too, have found a birdhouse that had been converted to a cache. I've seen all kinds of containers used such as plastic spice containers, the dry Gatorade mix containers, surplus mortar round containers, a hollowed out stump with a tupperware container attached via magnets, and on and on. Just about anything that is waterproof and blends in with the habitat can be used.

I came across a cache that was labeled as 'urban camo'. I couldn't believe that I was searching around this for an hour, leaning on this without giving it a thought. The cache owner placed a fake electrical plug on a 4x4 timber ouside this building. My wife, who watched me for almost an hour, just walked up to the plug and pulled the cache container out of it! Well, I was humbled and she was hooked on geocaching! I asked her how she even thought of looking there. She said that a plug mounted to a 4x4 instead of the building looked out of place. I stood in awe!

I came across a cache that was labeled as 'urban camo'. I couldn't believe that I was searching around this for an hour, leaning on this without giving it a thought. The cache owner placed a fake electrical plug on a 4x4 timber ouside this building. My wife, who watched me for almost an hour, just walked up to the plug and pulled the cache container out of it! Well, I was humbled and she was hooked on geocaching! I asked her how she even thought of looking there. She said that a plug mounted to a 4x4 instead of the building looked out of place. I stood in awe!

Great idea, just don't go opening all the electrical plugs you see. Good hiders should make something out of place like that, otherwise someone will get hurt looking for one.
I've checked out the ccc thread, but if you ask me it just looked like a bunch of rocks and pinecones with some cool containers thrown in , im looking for the weirdest and most creative caches. But some of the rocks and pinecones were pretty cool :)

LOL not to mention it's a rather LONG one, topk mea while to look at it all. I can't think of any unusual containers i've found, but i did learn the rock ones are fun. i stood on the one i found for a couple mins a few times...

The most unusual container I found was a solar garden light. It was in the shape of a frog. It looked like it had been in someone's yard for a while. I guess it must have stopped working and they recycled it into a cache container. They had gutted the inner workings of it. It was tucked into a crevice in a rock wall. That was pretty neat.

I get bored finding plain old tupperware containers, so i've kind of vowed not to place any.

Ive placed 3 already and have planned two more.

here are links to the 3 ive placed:

http://i12.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/1c/f4/e7_1_b.JPG

http://www.galleria-e.com/isroot/Colemans/...Images/1304.GIF

http://i4.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/f8/38/56_1.JPG

and the two ive planned:

http://www.galleria-e.com/isroot/Colemans/...Images/2203.gif

(i painted over the explosive sign!)

http://cache.solutionsmanagement.com.au/im...400x600-pvc.jpg

what do you think?

I get bored finding plain old tupperware containers, so i've kind of vowed not to place any.

Ive placed 3 already and have planned two more.

here are links to the 3 ive placed:

http://i12.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/1c/f4/e7_1_b.JPG

http://www.galleria-e.com/isroot/Colemans/...Images/1304.GIF

http://i4.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/f8/38/56_1.JPG

and the two ive planned:

http://www.galleria-e.com/isroot/Colemans/...Images/2203.gif

(i painted over the explosive sign!)

http://cache.solutionsmanagement.com.au/im...400x600-pvc.jpg

what do you think?

Look pretty cool! Mind if I use any of your ideas? :D And it is good that you painted over the explosive sign!

Edited by Dew Crew

There is a micro in my area that is in a metal tube about 3 ft long that you have to pour water into to get the container to float to the top.

I would have had the FTF on it, my girlfriend and I got there after someone else, but they didn't bring water so they couldn't actually get the cache, but instead of waiting until they went to get some we went and helped.

It is a great way to make a micro fun.

Here are some quotes from one of my cache's ( GCTEGK ). There are two cache containers.

The first with the maps, pictured here, and the cache itself.

The cache itself..... You'll just have to see.27518a6e-98ef-4abd-9a8f-454391fff0dc.jpgf7afd5ed-d085-49f6-8926-e1a0b9a0dec6.jpg

I don't think I've ever had so much fun while caching. And that was BEFORE I actually got to the cache itself. Crackers-san, you're downright evil! I like that in a cacher.

That's some serious treasure-hunting spirit! TFTC.

The cache itself caught me by surprise. Went to nearest 100 yen store for a replacement pair of boxers.

Now thats what I call a cool cache for a change . Thanks for a wonderful caching experience. This one definitely makes the top rank of my BEST-OF-JAPAN list.

Edited by Crackers the cat

There was this cache I found out in San Diego and I dunno if it's still there, but it involved a series to get the final coordinates. It took me days to work it all out and I was getting close to having to leave San Diego. So here I am relieved that I can finally finish it.. I had to go back twice to find the thing! It was so cleverly hidden.. the cache container was actually one of those garden boxes that have the sprinkler system kind of stuff (see picture of one of them below) in it.. it was buried in the ground and the top covered with plants that TOTALLY blended in. The only reason I found it was because I was getting frustrated and started poking a stick into the ground. When I heard a THUNK instead of simply seeing dirt move, I knew I found it!

600150_3.jpg

Edited by MaatAset

Found a cache near Bedford UK, which is in a bird nesting box, in a wood. Nowt unusual except you don't need nesting boxes in a natural wood. So it looks ok, but isn't, as the bird entry hole is blocked. Had me fooled.

Also there is no plastic box to find for Councillor C B Ross GCM4BX. Description talks about 'container is divided into two parts'. Needless to say its not plastic and I had to ask a fellow cacher what was I looking for. He'd had to ask another cacher also. The 'container' did not look out of place, as it is made of natural materials. Just not naturally found there.

Look forward to more inventive containers. :rolleyes:

I like the unusual too. My favourites (my own) to date:

An urban micro which is a tube of lipstick. It's neat because you twist the base and up pops the logbook :rolleyes:

A bespoke magnetised sign attached to a city centre phone control box that's in plain view. It's funny cos its even fooled one of the people who found it :rolleyes: The wording on the sign contains a clue to an anagram (solvers get sent a certificate). He found the sign and posted a log saying he'd found the anagram but now he had to find the logbook. Of course, all he had to do was peel off the sign and its there in a sealable bag!

I'm pretty happy with this one that I placed:

ae29cb89-a6dc-46e0-85ec-505b6094f6ed.jpg

It's pretty big and crammed with over 20 lbs of treasure themed swagg.

That's awesome. It looks very similar to what I'll be using to make my cache eventually. I'm going to take a random stab in the dark here... by any chance did you get the container at a store called "Jysk"? they have chests very similar to that one that I'm planning on turning into a cache container whenever I find a good place to hide it :(

Although, yours looks a LOT more authentic than the ones at this Jysk store. If you DID get it there, you did a heck of a job making it look good!

Edited by Kabuthunk

Many disgusting sacks of fat, much like yourselves, have found a human head to be a somewhat revolting cache container. I prefer them fresh, juicy, and screaming in misery as I eat their face right off the bone.

035aaa9e-17fc-457b-a50c-7cb4276a41d2.jpg

Wow dude, will somebody tell this d-load to leave the cave

We have one (GCYF13) in the Northeast IL/Southeast WI area - Here are segments from a few of the logs - I will say that if anyone suspects what the cache IS, please don't post it, but feel free to email me privately:

Thank you to everyone who put forth the effort for this cache. It is going to go down as my all-time favorite cache ever.

OK. It's official. I've been outdone and there aint no two ways about it. A first class hide no doubt!

What an idea! This has to be the most original idea for a container we nave ever seen. We love it. SL

Very amusing story, and I have to admit we got quite the chuckle when we stumbled across it.

I am not sure what kind of look I had on my face, but it had to be priceless. Thanks for the great cache!

You truly outdid yourselves on this one. I applaud you all. You all must have spent a considerable of time and are to be commended (or is that condemned) for this masterpiece cache.

Amazing, simply amazing. Who would have thought?

A big thank you to all who had a hand in the creation of this cachetainer. Nice hide!

Its been active since 9/22/06

This is one I made myself and have had good comments on. I have hidden it in a tree but not a pine tree so it stands out a bit. I purchased a micro container, small round steel cylinder and cut a pine cone in half. I then placed the micro inside amd to open you unscrew the pine cone. Took me about 10 minutes to make.

sorry not sure how to put a pic on here :o