Is Anyone Else Having Any Of These Problems?

Since the new geocaching.com layout made it on line I seem to have had more than my share of the following problems.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed any of these problems?

1, when I try to log a coin, the page seems to time out more often than not.

2, On more than one occasion I have logged a coin into a cache only to find that my inventory still shows it as being in my possession and the cache that it's been logged into does not show it as being placed but the relevant coin page says it has been logged as being placed into the cache.

The only way I can fix this problem is to delete the logs and try again. and again and again untill it finally accepts it.

3, when a coin is logged in and out of a cache, it no longer displays the distance travelled between the caches.

4, Generally the whole site seems to have slowed right down.

all of the above relate to coins, I'm not sure if it's the same for TB's

Edited by The Mighty Shark

Similar sorts of problems,

site slow and pretty unavailable

slow to reflect changes

items on watchlist or items that I own are late and unreliable in e-mailing additions e.g. I didn't get an e-mail when my TB was picked up either as a result of the TB activity or the fact that the cache it was on is on my watchlist, but I did get an e-mail when it was placed.

One of my TBs was placed in a USA cache yesterday and you can see this event on the TBs webpage.

If you then look at the top of the page, it's location is said to still be in the hands of the cacher :unsure:

I guess I could grab it off him (although he hasn't got it!) and place it in the cache myself, but as it's got almost 30k miles on it's clock, I didn't want to risk mucking things up if the problem then gets corrected.

One of my TBs was placed in a USA cache yesterday and you can see this event on the TBs webpage.

If you then look at the top of the page, it's location is said to still be in the hands of the cacher :)

I had similar sort of problem with a TB last week - I retrieved it from a cache and submitted log. TB page had no record of my retrieval log, but did record it as recently spotted in my hands. Problem 'cured' itself by the good 'ole "log out, log in again" routine....

Edited by Sharpeset
I didn't want to risk mucking things up if the problem then gets corrected.

The question is 'Will it get corrected?' or will the milege just remain the same when it gets 'fixed' and then we are having to rely on another cacher picking it up ?

Maybe Eckington, Lactodorum or hydee can put us out of our misery ?

Nightmare with TBs...many logs i wrote ooooppp forgot to log TB in,then thought..hang about i did..have to keep trying then when excepted delete the oooopps log....and its real ssssssslllllllllllooooooooowwwww...time out.drat drat and double drat....why is this happening?.Or is just teathing trouble?...does anybody know? :)

Does anyone ( possibly the powers that be ) know how long these problems are expected to be going on for ???

Bonnie and I now have numorous TBs, some of which are overseas which are showing that they are still ' in the hands of ' when they are clearly not and some are showing incorrect mileage.

We've tried grabbing/regrabbing/recalculating mileage and none of these have made any difference.

If this isn't sorted very soon, I can see a few TBs going AWOL as Geocoins are quite in demand and we won't know their correct whereabouts until its too late :mad::ph34r::ph34r:

Its been mentioned in the TB section of the main forums as I too was having problems with the milage. Apparently the powers that be have temporarily turned off the Milometer to solve another, more serious software issue. Hopefully it will be back up and running. I for one hope the search facility will be switched back on - its a real hassle to trawl through tons of posts to find an answer to common questions!