What Annoys You About The Forums?

I like popcorn  :)

I like ice cream  :D

I like drama  :)

This place is like a soap opera that you can take place in, thats cool.

Nice one.

I hate posts that just quote a nother post and say "yeah, that's it"

yeah, that's it

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Love you guys and gals... :D

What I can't stand is all these loggers who have been here for a long time and are all smug and derogatory to anyone that doesn't believe what they do. All they do is complain about:

caches

Moderartors

Reviewers

GC.com

NOOBs

Hides to easy

hides to hard

hides

Cmon! Ok we get it, you have been doing this for awhile and are ever SOOOOO experienced, doesn't mean you gotta turn into a giant Dork ridiculing everything else.

If everything is so bad then shut up and find another hobby, like poking bears with short sticks, or walking into biker bars in a tutu, or maybe something daring like swimming in a meat suit in shark infested waters.

C'mon now, let it all out. I feel you're still holding in your frustration. Don't hold back!

4: Know-it-all newbies, one cache find and their an expert.

One of mine is people who misuse "their", "there" and "they're" :)

Mu Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha :D

I'm fixing to take over the world with my horrible grammar and you can't do nothing to stop me.

Too late. Someone has already beat to you to it. :D (name not mentioned for Personal Security reasons)

Kidding aside, grammar and spelling errors don't irritate me that much, since in most cases, I understand what the person is trying to say. I'm sure I've been guilty of a few, too. Not all spelling errors are due to ignorance - some are due to brain going faster than the hands.

What has been annoying me lately about the forums is the prevailing grumpy attitude of the posters. Even the mods are getting grouchy.

And regarding this comment:

How about: People that read something in the news and just assume no one else has read it, so they start a new thread without even checking the list of most recent topics first

I did that today, quite innocently as a matter of fact. And I had even read that thread that I copied, thing is, I rarely chase peoples links. The only thing that caught my eye was CIA, and after I checked, it was too late.

What has been annoying me lately about the forums is the prevailing grumpy attitude of the posters. Even the mods are getting grouchy.

And regarding this comment:

How about: People that read something in the news and just assume no one else has read it, so they start a new thread without even checking the list of most recent topics first

I did that today, quite innocently as a matter of fact. And I had even read that thread that I copied, thing is, I rarely chase peoples links. The only thing that caught my eye was CIA, and after I checked, it was too late.

Innocent or not, that's the point. You posted without looking first.

What irks me about the fora is that, being pedantic, I prefer the derivational plurals of words. The dumbing of America has eliminated the glorious taste of 'one forum, two fora', 'one podium, two podia'. (Of course, what irks me worse is that the word 'condiminium' is a new-fangled. The only proper plural is condominiums. Condominia does not exist! Also, I ahbor the demise of the subjunctive mood, and the comparative tense. I also hate the fact that I can't type anymore.

This oine is fer tie speeling and punctiation Police out thare,

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty

uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg.

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to

rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht

oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,

the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat

ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can

sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not

raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh?

Too much to read since I just came upon this thread.

Honestly waht bugs me is the inability for people to disagree without things getting personal.

A simple difference of opinion usually leads to flames, posts of "you're naive/stupid, etc.". It's rare to see tow people disagree, and agree to disagree and leave it at that.

theotherthingidonotlikeiswhenpeoplepostthingswithnospacesbetweenthewordandnopucnuationImeanthathasgottobearealpianinthebuttoreadImeanjustwhatdotheythinktheyaredoingsavingpaperthereisnopaperinvolvedgeezegivemeabreak :D

F o r T h o s e o f y o u t h a t h a v e t r o u b l e w i t h t h e a b o v e , i n s e r t s p a c e s a n d p u n c u a t i o n w h e r e n e e d e d

Edited by piscatore