I Need A Database

ParentsofSAM

That being said I wish she had something like GSAK where you could check it out for a time and decide if it will work for you.

I've already begun work on an eval version. This project has become way more than I think I orginally intended it to be. But I figured if I was going to do it then I was going to do it right. I don't even want to count the number of hours I have into it. B)

Yes there is a very small fee for the program but it will in no way account for all the labor I put into it or the Developer Tool Kit that I had to purchase. I think everyone will be pleased with the program. I know I definatley am and have already moved from my massive spreadsheet to the application.

Thanks....Anthus

Looks great and the cost is reasonable.

That being said I wish she had something like GSAK where you could check it out for a time and decide if it will work for you.

I've already begun work on an eval version. This project has become way more than I think I orginally intended it to be. But I figured if I was going to do it then I was going to do it right. I don't even want to count the number of hours I have into it. :)

Yes there is a very small fee for the program but it will in no way account for all the labor I put into it or the Developer Tool Kit that I had to purchase. I think everyone will be pleased with the program. I know I definatley am and have already moved from my massive spreadsheet to the application.

Thanks....Anthus

As much as this may be a labor of love (or not :)) for Anthus, the amount of effort that goes into something like this is huge. I would hazard the suggestion that $20 may not be enough ;).

I am in need of something now, so I will continue to monkey with my dinky database, but I am anxiously awaiting what Anthus has created.

Thanks for the hard work! :(

Thanks....Anthus

For what the application allows the user to do, the price is a bargain, much less than buying 3 geocoins plus shipping!

Is there an estimated date that the program will be available? I'm wondering if it will be out in time to manage my coin sale with it! :(

I'm planning on beginning shipping of the Base Module this weekend. The sales module is anticipated to be completed in two or three weeks. I'll hurry along with the programming as quickly as I can. :)

Will this program be available long term? I have bought a lot of geocoins lately, and it will be a while before I can afford the program.

I got to Paypal my money for a copy of the program last night after all. My wife and I were talking about the program and she said I gould get it for myself as a Valentines Day present. :) :) :):huh::)

Russ (PastorDIC)

Ok guys, I am dying to hear from someone/all of you guys that have purchased Anthus's database! How does it work for you? Someone jump in here and let us all know about it. Give us a review.

Hey someone needs to jump in here and let us know how its working for you... My birthday is coming up and you guys need to let me know if it should be on my wish list! :mad:

I started to create a website just for the GCTP program to keep it separate from my personal web site. Although not everything has been moved over, you are more than welcome to take a look at what is there. I've included more screenshots of the program. I've also started to populate the technical support section. The web site is www.geocointraq.com.

I sent out a questionnaire a couple days ago to the users. Most people that have bought the program say that it was easy to install. They also said that it is time consuming to enter all the data on a coin edition and that it is difficult to all the information. So, I am now providing close to 600 coins prepopulated into the database. Some of the users also said that it wasn't clear on how to enter coins and as such they were confused on how to enter a coin. So, after this upgrade, I'm going to put together some "how to's". There were a few bugs that were identified that are fixed in the next version.

I know that I cannot testify for the program since I'm the developer. Others can feel free to post their experience with the program or to send a PM.

Thanks....Anthus

I started to create a website just for the GCTP program to keep it separate from my personal web site. Although not everything has been moved over, you are more than welcome to take a look at what is there. I've included more screenshots of the program. I've also started to populate the technical support section. The web site is www.geocointraq.com.

I sent out a questionnaire a couple days ago to the users. Most people that have bought the program say that it was easy to install. They also said that it is time consuming to enter all the data on a coin edition and that it is difficult to all the information. So, I am now providing close to 600 coins prepopulated into the database. Some of the users also said that it wasn't clear on how to enter coins and as such they were confused on how to enter a coin. So, after this upgrade, I'm going to put together some "how to's". There were a few bugs that were identified that are fixed in the next version.

I know that I cannot testify for the program since I'm the developer. Others can feel free to post their experience with the program or to send a PM.

Thanks....Anthus

OK, but what about my question? :

So what about the "Due to US export regulations we are not able to ship to non-US addresses at this time."

What happened to NAFTA?

I live in Canada, is there a workaround for this?

Thanks....Anthus

OK, but what about my question? :

So what about the "Due to US export regulations we are not able to ship to non-US addresses at this time."

What happened to NAFTA?

I live in Canada, is there a workaround for this?

I'm sorry. I haven't had much time to look into this. For now, I'm only able to sell to US residences until I can get some legal questions answered. We have a similar restriction on the software products we make at work. I'm a developer and do not know much about the regulations so I thought I would hold off on non-US's until I can do the proper research.

Another Canadian looking for a database to track my coins!

any word yet? I have never had any issues purchasing software from the US before?!?!

We do it all of the time at work, but I guess if there is something in your code that shouldn't be sent out it is better to know before sending it out.

I use the basic macros plus some routine VBA. I just have no legal experience in shipping software to non-US addresses for I've never had to do it before. Actually, I've never sent anything outside the US prior to shipping my first geocoin trades overseas. I know, I need to get out more. = )

If someone could PM me some links to some good (legit) web sites for info that would be great.

Another Canadian looking for a database to track my coins!

any word yet? I have never had any issues purchasing software from the US before?!?!

We do it all of the time at work, but I guess if there is something in your code that shouldn't be sent out it is better to know before sending it out.

I use the basic macros plus some routine VBA. I just have no legal experience in shipping software to non-US addresses for I've never had to do it before. Actually, I've never sent anything outside the US prior to shipping my first geocoin trades overseas. I know, I need to get out more. = )

If someone could PM me some links to some good (legit) web sites for info that would be great.

I don't have any links to any legal info but GSAK is available to us as well as Cachemate.

The only thing that I have ever noticed that said cannot export out of the US also said Canada. It is usually encryption software or something like that.

But I am not an expert at all so maybe someone else out there may know the answer!

If anyone out there has a template or something that will help me track my coins I would be very interested!

Thanks

A definitive list of all the coins would be great - it's _so_ difficult to get to an authoritative list as the trading pages tend to rely on reports from those who have coins in hand rather than from those who "own" them and really know what is out there. There are a number of coins listed that don't exist and others where the descriptions are incorrect.

I've developed an access database that merges all coins and our caching activities. I can track coins purchased, traded (in and out) then when a coin is activated and travelling I can track where it goes. All automated with just a few manual activities. What is really scary is that it can also track how much I've spent on them _GULP_ - maybe not such a good thing. However - it can only be as good as the data that goes in there - so a downloadable list that could be imported would be great, to include all of the details of the finishes and numbers minted - etc. I've got fields for all of that stuff but don't often fill it all in... Or even to be able to select the coins / sets that you want the details for locally rather than the whole lot. Maybe "PQs" for coins .

off to do some more tweaks - as a ex database adminsitrator and dmall time developer - there's always something else that it would be good if it could do.

Sue

(edited to add - it's the data really that I'd be interested in as the whole database of coins and caching is _so_ integrated that I would not want to split them or have a 2nd app for the coins).

Edited by S&G.Davison