Btfi- Tacomahunter Coin.. What Do You All Think?

Tacomahunter

BTFI and Tacomahunter have been caching together in Idaho for 3 years. Finally we decided that we should have a coin... What do you all think? Pictured is both sides of the coin. Size is 2"wide by 1 1/4" high. We talked about trackability and decided against it. We may do one in the coming years that is trackable.

BTFI-Tacomahunter.jpg

Edited by Keystone

Hi,

That's a cool coin design! And you're welcome to talk about the design, and about trading for this coin. But please see the Geocoin Forum Guidelines, which say that non-trackable geocoins cannot be advertised for *sale* here in the forums.

I've edited the price and quantity information out of the original post. Anyone wishing to contact the OP about this coin is of course free to do so privately. Please don't use this as an "ordering" thread. Thanks.

You've got a really nice design and an odd shaped coin (Not round) which makes it desirable to begin with.

Adding tracking is even going to increase interest more and make for looser wallets!!

I already want a couple, but add tracking and I DEFINATELY in for 2 or maybe even 4 (if I'm not stretched too thin at the time of release.)

D-man ;)

To add another $.02 to the discussion - I prefer geocoins with tracking (and unique icons) -mostly because when I buy geocoins I intend to release them as TBs (I like the TB portion of the game). I intend to hold onto relatively few of the geocoins that I purchase (I'll keep an example of a really cool one or ones that have special meaning to me). Without tracking, I doubt that a geocoin would make it very far in the wild, and I'd have no idea of how far it got before dissapearing. That may may make me a relatively unusual purchaser of geocoins.

To those who expect that the geocoins will dissapear rapidly in the wild, I agree that that it is a risk. However, my son picked up a USA geocoin yesterday that has been moving around for 2 years and has 3 pages of logs. They can last a while too.

Great coin  :unsure:

Tracking would just enrich TPTB, so I would say NO!

Besides you can only "rent" the numbers, never really own them.

I do not ever remember signing a rental agreement for any of the coins I have purchased...

If this particular coin ends up being trackable will there be a tracking number rental agreement?

Edited by Rupert2
Reading this threat It makes me laughing, because of the NEW Geo-Threat-Police.

Real cool. Do it more and you will loose a lot of very confident coin collectors.

best regards Marc

It's not a threat, it's a thread, and we are not police, we are moderators, thank you. We moderate threads, we report threats. We're also not NEW. I've been here longer than the geocoin forums have been here. There shouldn't be any threatening in here, no matter what the topic is. Threats can get you banned. :D Threads will get you information, laughs, angst, and more! :)

So, is the coin going to be trackable or not? If so, you can order, if not then this is still not an ordering thread so please don't post orders. Any ordering communication can be done with the tools provided.