Any Money Savers?

Saving Shiloh

Go to your local Good Will or Salvation Army and look for cool designer clothing that you would buy for yourself...but instead sell it at auction! I do this 3 times a week....I make my money just by doing that!

I have bills...they are paid. I have rent and utilities...they are paid. Bought me some concert tickets...some geocoins...food...even saved $300 in the last two weeks towards making my own personal coin. (after all those bills) I suppose I have enough money to make 100....but I'm holding out to buy 500! More coins...more trades.

Just an idea on how to make money. You could also get a real job. Something I dont really recommend...it's just not fun. ;)

In a perfect world Id be making 100,000. a year.  <_<

In a perfect world, we could all get a coin made just because we want one, and we wouldn't need money at all. Besides, if you did make $100k, you'd think a perfect world was one where you made $150k :P

150,000. would be nice! I agree the more money I make...the more money I want to make. Capitalism...gotta love it!

I would like to know the age of the person who posted the original question...if you are under 16...may I suggest a paper route. Good way for a kid to make money. You'd have enough money in no time.

If older than 16 but still in school. Get a PT job. You would make enough money in a month or two to make your own coin.

If older than 18 but with a car...see my original reply. Only a few hours a day can get you 2 Grand a month.

In the long run making your own coin out of your pocket can be worth more than selling it.

I sat down the other day and calculated some figures. Before I had my personal coin made I had spent over 1000 bucks and had about 80 coins to show for it. Admittedly some of them were duplicates. I had my personal coin made in a run of 150 of which approximately 30 got put in caches and I have traded just over 100. I still have some left.

The cost of my personal coin was about 400 bucks less than the amount I had spent previously. However I have managed to trade for about 110 unique coins that if I had bought would have cost me me more than I spent making mine and some of the ones I traded for can't be bought anyway.

So when the figures were crunched I ended up with more coins for less money by making and trading a personal coin. In the long run I would suggest this would be the way to go. And I mean absorbing the cost and trading for coins rather than selling it so you can buy more coins.

It may work the other way for some people and I admit it's not easy forking over the cost of making your own coin but it pays off in the long run when it comes to building your collection.

I sat down the other day and calculated some figures.  Before I had my personal coin made I had spent over 1000 bucks and had about 80 coins to show for it.  Admittedly some of them were duplicates.  I had my personal coin made in a run of 150 of which approximately 30 got put in caches and I have traded just over 100.  I still have some left.

The cost of my personal coin was about 400 bucks less than the amount I had spent previously.  However I have managed to trade for about 110 unique coins that if I had bought would have cost me me more than I spent making mine and some of the ones I traded for can't be bought anyway. 

So when the figures were crunched I ended up with more coins for less money by making and trading a personal coin.  In the long run I would suggest this would be the way to go.  And I mean absorbing the cost and trading for coins rather than selling it so you can buy more coins. 

It may work the other way for some people and I admit it's not easy forking over the cost of making your own coin but it pays off in the long run when it comes to building your collection.

Lets do the math shall we? :unsure:

He made 150 coins for an estimated 400.00 (ok thats not what he said but hey I make mistakes too)

If you bought coins at 10 bucks a pop it would cost 400.00 for 40 coins.

40 coins= 400.00

150 coins=400.00

Did you get that?

40 coins bought seperatly = 400.00

150 coins to trade...........= 400.00

I love math!

Edited by WeatherednBoston
Go to your local Good Will or Salvation Army and look for cool designer clothing that you would buy for yourself...but instead sell it at auction! I do this 3 times a week....I make my money just by doing that!

I have bills...they are paid. I have rent and utilities...they are paid. Bought me some concert tickets...some geocoins...food...even saved $300 in the last two weeks towards making my own personal coin. (after all those bills) I suppose I have enough money to make 100....but I'm holding out to buy 500! More coins...more trades.

Just an idea on how to make money. You could also get a real job. Something I dont really recommend...it's just not fun. :unsure:

Do you do anything to the clothes or just resell them as is? You can make a profit off of this.....I never knew.

I always take all the girls old church and fancy clothes to the consignment shop and sell them there and the rest we yard sale twice a year and if any is left over then we just donate those.

Go to your local Good Will or Salvation Army and look for cool designer clothing that you would buy for yourself...but instead sell it at auction!  I do this 3 times a week....I make my money just by doing that! 

I have bills...they are paid. I have rent and utilities...they are paid.  Bought me some concert tickets...some geocoins...food...even saved $300 in the last two weeks towards making my own personal coin.  (after all those bills) I suppose I have enough money to make 100....but I'm holding out to buy 500!  More coins...more trades.

Just an idea on how to make money.  You could also get a real job.  Something I dont really recommend...it's just not fun.  :unsure:

Do you do anything to the clothes or just resell them as is? You can make a profit off of this.....I never knew.

I always take all the girls old church and fancy clothes to the consignment shop and sell them there and the rest we yard sale twice a year and if any is left over then we just donate those.

You best bet would be to sell a LOT by size. By this I mean All the same size. Example "LOT of girls Dresses, pants, shirts size 6T" . You should do a search to see what Lots of that size are going for.... then you would have an idea on what you could get.

I dont do anything to the clothes before I sell them. I remove the tags and I measure them. I specialize in jeans...measure the waist and inseam. They are all new with tags or clean and washed or salvation army throws them away before they make it to the racks.

I tried the consignment shop years ago to sell some things. They were too slow to sell and this way I have millions of customers instead of perhaps 40.

I bought a cashmere sweater at a consignment shop 2 days ago for 8.00. I will sell that myself for about 40-. :unsure: Big profit for only 1 minute of work.

I'd give you $10 to shovel my driveway.  :)

ok lets see, im going to waste (actually, im not, my dad will) about 15 dollars to get up there and 15 dollars back lets see, get $10 and spend 30 dollars, or stay home and look at the topics in the forum, i think ill look at the topics in the forum, lol.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Saving Shiloh