Small Text

CompuCash

I have been away for a couple weeks due to weather and work. What is happening to our cache pages? Why is the text so small you need a magnifying glass to read it? I didn't set my cache pages up that way. Looking around and I see others are like that too so I assume they all are. Even the lead in page to the forums is in dinky text. I can read the logs but there is no chance I can read the cache pages now? Can't see how that would save memory so what's the problem here? Count my negative vote on this one. And ya I made this the smallest just to see how it comes out.

Oh ya! same no-read-um text.

do I have to go back to all my cache pages and put in some kind of html to make them readable or what? The cache pages are not even consistent - of of your stuff is readable - you just made our stuff small. Like I said - wassup with that?

Edited by CompuCash

Being young and with good vision I actually like the smaller text, BUT if it is going to stay that way the larger text in the side boxes (like the coorperate team building area) need to be reformated-the text doesnt line up right.

Heres a hint if the text is to small to read-hold down the CTRL key and move the scroller on your mouse.

Being young and with good vision I actually like the smaller text, BUT if it is going to stay that way the larger text in the side boxes (like the coorperate team building area) need to be reformated-the text doesnt line up right.

Heres a hint if the text is to small to read-hold down the CTRL key and move the scroller on your mouse.

ya I know but that makes ALL the text big on the page -

let's hope it is just a bug -

interesting - I tried that on this forum page it id did not work. changed the page like hitting back and forward buttons -

cc\

Edited by CompuCash

It's a problem with how IE renders text compared to how Mozilla browsers render them. The site has gone through a ton of CSS changes recently which has caused the recent issues. Hopefully we can clear all of this up by early next week.

Please be patient. It is difficult to correct years of poorly managed font tags on the site so there's a lot to clean up.

It's a problem with how IE renders text compared to how Mozilla browsers render them. The site has gone through a ton of CSS changes recently which has caused the recent issues. Hopefully we can clear all of this up by early next week.

Please be patient. It is difficult to correct years of poorly managed font tags on the site so there's a lot to clean up.

Thanks, Jeremy. :blink:

I just wanted to know if it was a bug, or permanant. If it was permanant, I would have enlarged the font size of my cache pages myself. But now I'll just wait patiently. :drama:

Thanks Jeremy!! We should have known that you were on top of things. I admire the TLC that you put into the site... I can tell that it's a work of love that's never finished. Two thumbs up from a programmer that wrote a BBS program that ran on a TI-994a back when dinosaurs still roamed about!

Edited by n0wae

I thought it was quite small also so the son showed me how to do somekind of maginfing thing by holding down the CTRL button and using the wheel on your mouse. It makes it bigger or smaller depending on how you move the wheel and then I can read everything just fine.

They need to buy some more freakin' servers and quit messin' with the cache pages. Getting ridiculous now! I WILL NOT change my text size to correspond with this tensie tinie text. Come on GC!!!!! First the mess with HTML, then the reduce the landscape of the cache pages...what's next!!!???

I second that emotion. Small fonts in some places, larger in others, and other inconsistencies really are annoying.

They need to buy some more freakin' servers and quit messin' with the cache pages. Getting ridiculous now! I WILL NOT change my text size to correspond with this tensie tinie text. Come on GC!!!!! First the mess with HTML, then the reduce the landscape of the cache pages...what's next!!!???

How much more would you like to pay for your premium membership?

How much more would you like to pay for your premium membership?

another 10 $ if tptb would provide a link to a gpx based zipped spoiler image file <_<

happy hunting - the old fashioned way (trads only, exceptions may appear)

Back to normal (whatever that is <grin>).

No, it isn't.

The font size on the "my" page has been reduced to less than it was originally. Unfortunately it is now visibly smaller than the other standard text fonts the pages use (Opera 8.51, but that shouldn't matter).

Please have another look into this.

BalkanSabranje

No, it isn't.

The font size on the "my" page has been reduced to less than it was originally. Unfortunately it is now visibly smaller than the other standard text fonts the pages use (Opera 8.51, but that shouldn't matter).

BalkanSabranje

More small text, using IE6 Sp2:

1. Cache owner line at top of cache pages

2. Image name link and notes in cache descriptions

3. "Travel Bug Options" box on TB pages

But at least most of the small text has returned to normal - keep up the good work!

No, it isn't.

BalkanSabranje

The prior issue with the my page before I fixed it was the <form> tag somehow leaped up above the HTML tag, warping the page. I'm sure there are some areas where the sizing is still a problem but I believe we're making progress.

dadgum, the big pages are back. THe last few days all the text was fitting on the screen, now I have to scroll right and left again to read a page. :P

To many people running to high a resolutions on their computers, 800X600 is still ideal, then web sites wouldn't have to post larger text to make it readable for them.

Rant over. <_<

The prior issue with the my page before I fixed it was the <form> tag somehow leaped up above the HTML tag, warping the page. I'm sure there are some areas where the sizing is still a problem but I believe we're making progress.

Good to hear, thx.

Just let me know in case you might need additional screenshots...

Any news on this?

Not from my side.

The font size on the "my" page is still smaller than on the other pages. :D

In Opera 8.52 the font looks fine at 100% zoom. Make sure your zoom level isn't off. Is it a version other then 8.52 or not on Win XP?

It's Opera 8.52 on Win2K. Notice the larger font size in Firefox and the slight offset of the stats-pic in the upper right corner of Opera.

Screenshot with Opera:

opera6yf.jpg

Same Page with Firefox 1.5.0.1:

firefox2my.jpg

HELP!! HELP!! HELP!!!

This extremely large type on Cache listing pages, and elsewhere is TERRIBLE!!

PLEASE change it back!

I had cataract surgery a few years ago. My eyes no longer focus. Plastic lenses do not focus. I have my bifocals set to read normal font sizes at the distance where my keyboard and monitor are. (This took a lot of convincing of my ophthamologist.) The new large fonts are hideous. I have to move my head a foot or more backwards to read them. It is giving me a headache!

Please, please, please change them back to humor us visually impaired geocachers. Please!

Thank you.

Edited by Harry Dolphin