Arizona / Haughton's Hunters Geocoin

Haughton's Hunters

Yes, it will be trackable. Final paperwork went in today, minting should start soon.

100 Gold numbered 001-100

400 Silver numbered 101-500

Silver will be sold on GeocoinStore.com for $7.50 ea (plus their S&H).

Gold will be traded & sold on GeoCoins.net for an as of yet undetermined price. Maybe $8.50 + $2.00 (domestic) S&H per order up to 5 coins max each order (unlimited orders).

hhaz2.jpg

If interested in trade, please email me at geocaching@allallens.com. I will make a list. Also let me know if you want a specific number. If it is available, I'll get it to you. Not all 100 will be traded, I have not determined how many gold will be traded/sold yet. Right now, I know that 9 of the gold will not be sold or traded. Other than that, it's just a matter of demand I guess.

Include in your email

Real Name

Geo Name (Please, so I know who's who in the forum when I try to keep up with the thread)

Shipping Address

Thanks!

very nice design!

Why is everyone using the Geocoin Store to sell their stuff all of the sudden? :drama:

It's a real simple answer actually. If you agree to let them sell a certain amount on their store, they may front the cost of minting for you.

Of course, this also requires that you make more than you may have intended. In my case, I was only going to make 100, but we worked a deal so that my out of pocket was actually nothing. They then keep 400 to sell on their storefront and ship me the original 100 I wanted. In my case it worked out extremely well because I was able to do 100 gold for me to do with as I please and 400 silver that they sell. I still would not be minting at this point if I had to come up with the cash for the 100 I wanted originally. So their system allowed me to get the coins I wanted made sooner than expected.

Go check out their page for more details. From what I got, they don't always do this, but it's worth asking about if you're a bit short on funds. They may be even more willing if you have some of the cash to pay for minting, but that's purely my speculation.

As a addendum to the above, this is also why I have not (and will not) refuse a trade for a gold coin. If I'm offered a brass (or whatever the cheapest metal is) coin that is non-trackable, I will accept the trade. Many of these will probably also end up in caches as there was no out of pocket for me to get my coins made.

Thanks for looking!

Edit to add this:

I will not turn down a trade for another minted coin. I will not trade for wood/plastic/etc. coins. Metal coin trades only.

Just wanted to clarify.

Edited by Haughton's Hunters
As a addendum to the above, this is also why I have not (and will not) refuse a trade for a gold coin. If I'm offered a brass (or whatever the cheapest metal is) coin that is non-trackable, I will accept the trade. Many of these will probably also end up in caches as there was no out of pocket for me to get my coins made.

Thanks for looking!

Edit to add this:

I will not turn down a trade for another minted coin. I will not trade for wood/plastic/etc. coins. Metal coin trades only.

Just wanted to clarify.

Arent most coins Brass with a 'finish'?

nielsenc

Is there a date for the silver sale on GeocoinStore.com?

Date for release is expected mid to late February. Just got that info back from the minter. As I get more info I will post here as well as email anyone that has contacted me for trading or purchasing the gold coins.

I will be sure to post the images of the proofs when I get them, etc.

nielsenc, I honestly have no idea. I know the gold isn't solid gold and the sliver isn't solid silver. I'm sure they all have the same base metal, but I have no clue what it is. My point is some finishes cost more than others but a "cheaper" finish does not in any way exclude a trade. I have seen trades that are "like metal trades only", this is not one of those.

GoBolts! and allinfun. Your trades are welcome. Send me your email address and I'll add you to my list.

As a note, here's my only problem at this time. As most of my trades are happenning with the makers of the coins, I don't know exactly which coins I will end up with. So if I specify which of yours I want, I may end up with multiple of the same if the owner has made or wants to trade with me.

So here's what I'm doing. I will hold the number of coins you want (3 in total between the two of you). When all the trading has died down, I will contact you to see what you have for trade. If you have something I do not have, I would be happy to trade with you.

If that sounds good, please email me at geocaching{at}allallens(dot)com.

Thanks and I hope to trade with you!