Are You On The Winning Team?

Half-Canadian

Last minute reminder about the CITO event this Saturday from 9:30-11:30 along the Stilliguamish River near Silvana, between Everett and Arlington -- Are You On The Winning Team?

This is a friendly competition between Garmin users and Magellan users to see which team can collect the most trash, with bragging rights to the winners! Magellan fans are extended a warm invitation to attend <_< while Garmin users will also be permitted to participate -_-

Afterwards, join us in the meeting room of the nearby Dennys for lunch and grab 8 new area caches that have been placed for the event. The weather looks great for tomorrow, and the local press will be there (including KIRO TV). Hope to see you all there!

Half-Canadian

For the Silly Stilly Dumpster Divers <_<

Well the CITO Event is over now. Amazing that over 60 folks attended this fine winter day.

Now .5Canadian had made this a challenge between the maggelun users and the Garminites.

Several Maggie users did showup, but how do I say ths....

We trashed them.

Garmin rules. <_<

I especially like the bumper sticker I got "Get A Garmin or get lost" :P

Thanks Laurie and Scooter. Another perfect job.

Edited by shoknaw

Well, one of the logs for this cache really summed up the day's activities:

What a great time.  I had done litter patrol when I was in high school, but it was a job and such a drag.  This is such a better twist on it, hunting trash as if it were next FTF.  I ended up FTF'ing 2 bags worth and felt pretty good about it.  Thanks for setting up such a fine event, and next time lets get a bigger stretch to do.

This picture includes about two-thirds of the group standing in front of the "Garmin pile"

438efca7-e018-4b98-8f11-b465a832b11f.jpg