A Letter From The Dupage Forest Preserve

dupageforest

January 2006

Dear Geocaching Enthusiasts:

The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County views Geocaching as a viable and fun form of outdoor recreation. The District’s Office of Education also views Geocaching as an excellent opportunity for environmental education.

In a recent meeting with the Geocaching Administrator, we discussed ways the District can reasonably accommodate Geocachers while maintaining District Policies, Rules and Regulations. It is my belief that we can do exactly that.

Our goal is to make the application process as simple as possible. From downloading and submitting on-line free applications to pinpointing proposed cache locations, today’s technology makes all of this possible. Again, it is our goal to provide these features to interested Geocache applicants.

As the District moved toward implementing its Geocaching Rules and Regulations, especially if you have questions or comments regarding this process, I invite you to contact me.

Sincerely,

Tom Clay, Director

Office of Education

Forest Preserve District of DuPage County

(630) 462-5654

tclay@dupageforest.com

Thanks for the update Tom,

People seem to be enjoying our cache, and hopefully the process can continue to improve and will provide for a fun and safe environment for Geocaching in the forest preserves. Based on the visits to our cache (sticker #2), which I checked on yesterday, and reported via email, I think that our cache has been reasonably successful. Coyotes, deer, hawks, and other wildlife have been spotted by us and others, making the trip very valuable for most.

Dave and others have been a pleasure to work with so far, and I am looking forward to some warmer weather so that we can get out again and do some more Geocaching with the family.

Sincerely,

Timm Bottoni

BartlettGoonies

January 2006

Dear Geocaching Enthusiasts:

The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County views Geocaching as a viable and fun form of outdoor recreation. The District’s Office of Education also views Geocaching as an excellent opportunity for environmental education.

In a recent meeting with the Geocaching Administrator, we discussed ways the District can reasonably accommodate Geocachers while maintaining District Policies, Rules and Regulations. It is my belief that we can do exactly that.

Our goal is to make the application process as simple as possible. From downloading and submitting on-line free applications to pinpointing proposed cache locations, today’s technology makes all of this possible. Again, it is our goal to provide these features to interested Geocache applicants.

As the District moved toward implementing its Geocaching Rules and Regulations, especially if you have questions or comments regarding this process, I invite you to contact me.

Sincerely,

Tom Clay, Director

Office of Education

Forest Preserve District of DuPage County

(630) 462-5654

tclay@dupageforest.com