Firefox, Greasemonkey & Gc Scripts

On advice from the forum I have just upgraded to Firefox 1.5 and added new versions of the scripts that I was using on 1.0.7.

A central depository for these would be highly useful and this could be done at GeoCache.org.uk. With this in mind I thought I would put together a list of what I have installed and open the list up for additions;

Non-Geocaching Extensions

Greasemonkey 0.6.4

Spellbound Spellchecker 0.7.3

Googlebar 0.9.15.07

Geocaching Scripts

All of L1 Scripts

and all Geocaching.com scripts at GMUSS Scripts

I could do with the 'ignore topic one' but don't know where to find it.

So - any more?

Unable to change home co-ords, if I go to tools, change details at the very bottom of menu I go back to USA. Also in what programmes does Spellbound Checker work and how does one load it?  :(

Open up a cache page

Then go to:

Tools > User > Change GC Google Direction settings

Then enter a name OK

Latitude in decimal OK

Longitude in decimal (If west of 0 enter a - eg -2.12345) OK

That should do it for you

Edited by Moote

Drat - it doesn't work... In that case left click the search Icon in the righthand search box, click "Add Engines".

The "Mozilla Top Search Engines" will be displayed. You can choose some favourites from here but when you are done you need to click on Browse through more Search Engines....

Type "Geocaching" into the search box then click "Geocaching Quick Search".

Edited by The Hokesters

My Firefox also just updated itself. The scripts are still listed as being enabled under the Tools / Manage User Scripts tab, but they aren't working. What do I do now to get them working again?

EDIT to add the answer...

I clicked the "Show ignored topic" tab, then clicked again to "Hide" the topics and

Hey Presto!

Edited by HighlandNick
My Firefox also just updated itself. The scripts are still listed as being enabled under the Tools / Manage User Scripts tab, but they aren't working. What do I do now to get them working again?

EDIT to add the answer...

I clicked the "Show ignored topic" tab, then clicked again to "Hide" the topics and

Hey Presto!

I disabled them shut FF down then, restarted FF and re-enabled that appears to work

Quoting LE from another thread just so that anyone looking who might seek the answer her.

OK - If you're running the latest Firefox and Greasemonkey versions then this update of the geocaching forum script is for you - it now copes with the new layout to provide the "delete topic" button you've come to depend on :blink:

To install, simply right click here and choose "Install User Script..."

I cranked this out fairly quickly, so if you notice anything awry, drop me a note....

For a nice search feature for geocaching.com go to http://xca.auscstrike.com/modules.php?op=m...=GQS&file=index

For a version of Spellbound that works with the newest version of Firefox you need to install the development version, it is in the first post of this thread

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...page=15&start=0

Thanks for that webscouter just installed it and my spellings back up to scratch.

Dave

I don't know what has happened to my OS map Greasemonkey script but it has disappeared at some point.

When I try to re-install it, I get an error:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIChannel.open]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://greasemonkey/content/utilss.js :: getContents :: line 167" data:no]

I have uninstalled and re-installed Greasemnokey, to no effect.

I am not sure if this is associated with using Firefox 1.5...

Any more suggestions, please?

T.R.a.M.P.

I don't know what has happened to my OS map Greasemonkey script but it has disappeared at some point.

When I try to re-install it, I get an error:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIChannel.open]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://greasemonkey/content/utilss.js :: getContents :: line 167" data:no]

I have uninstalled and re-installed Greasemnokey, to no effect.

I am not sure if this is associated with using Firefox 1.5...

Any more suggestions, please?

T.R.a.M.P.

Hi, If you upgraded Firefox, you will need to install the latest version of Greasemonkey as well.

Not sure which OS Map script you mean (my one which puts a 1:50000 OS map snippet on the page or Lord Elph's which provides a linked grid reference to the more detailed 1:25000 OS Get-a-Map) but if it is my script, try re-installing it from the link in my signature.

Hi, If you upgraded Firefox, you will need to install the latest version of Greasemonkey as well.

Not sure which OS Map script you mean (my one which puts a 1:50000 OS map snippet on the page or Lord Elph's which provides a linked grid reference to the more detailed 1:25000 OS Get-a-Map) but if it is my script, try re-installing it from the link in my signature.

Thanks for the reply. I have updated Greasemonkey with no success.

It was Lord Elph's script that has gone missing - but I have now successfully installed yours at home - many thanks! ;)

It is my work machine that is playing up. I am at home now and have sent the relevant script to my work email to try tomorrow. I don't expect much luck since I was trying to install Lord Elphs scripts from his link. I will also try your script tomorrow.

I was hoping someone might recognise the error...

Cheers,

TRaMP

Thanks for the reply. I have updated Greasemonkey with no success.

It was Lord Elph's script that has gone missing - but I have now successfully installed yours at home - many thanks! :unsure:

It is my work machine that is playing up. I am at home now and have sent the relevant script to my work email to try tomorrow. I don't expect much luck since I was trying to install Lord Elphs scripts from his link. I will also try your script tomorrow.

I was hoping someone might recognise the error...

Cheers,

TRaMP

Well, now at work and the only thing that fixed it was reinstalling Firefox - and that took two attempts.

The first uninstall left all the extensions (in Program Files\Mozilla Firefox) and preferences (in Documents and Settings) and everything came back with the bug. For the second re-install, I deleted those files and now all is well. Of course I now realise that the problem was somewhere in those settings and I did not actually need to reinstall Firefox but it was easier my way :unsure:.

Cheers,

TRaMP

Wow, I have to tell you that, as a novice Geocacher, this thread is a great eye opener. Some of the tech stuff goes over my head, but when I put the children to bed this evening I suspect the rest of the night will be spent downloading, installing then configuring new and old software. Sad to say, I can't wait. :unsure: