Why Post "email Sent, Paypal'd", Etc.?

Kealia

As stated, I don't get it.

When a new coin shows up and payment info is posted why does everybody post "email sent" or "just paid for two", etc.? If using Paypal you get a receipt so it can't be for proof, right?

Is it just to have bragging rights that you've bought this coin?

This is not meant to be antagonistic; I really don't get it. When I see a coin thread and I want details on it I have to wade through many pages of "bought 2", etc. just to see if any actual information is in the thread.

So from those who do it, I really am curious as to why you do it.

And does anybody else feel the way I do?

Thanks for pointing that out, it's stated in the guidelines here:

Individual negotiations or information exchanges should take place through private e-mail or telephone correspondence, not on this board. Please use the communication tools provided on the site or private email.

But so many people were keeping score that way there was no way to wade through all those posts clicking delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete sure looks easy to some of you! delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete you try it sometime! delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete catch my drift? delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete thank you for playing delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete delete and so on and so on.......

The reason I do it is to help me keep track, sounds stupid, but it has saved me a few times from re-ordering and remembering even though I keep track by spreedsheet and cointracking.

I can see that as a reason. I personally have lost track of my own orders a few times and also once traded for a coin I already had! :lol::lol:

I think it is habit and seeing what others do.

"Lemmings to the sea" or "herd behavior"?

According to snopes, "Lemming suicide is fiction. ... In fact, when the competition for food, space, or mates becomes too intense, lemmings are much more likely to kill each other than to kill themselves."

When competition for geocoins becomes too intense ... uh, not a good analogy for this topic ... or this forum. Cool idea for a coin maybe though. Trackable, of course. I'll take two lemming coins.

Herd behavior, however, describes situations in which a group of individuals react coherently without there being any coordination between them. That's accurate.

©¿©¬

Edited by kcart
I used to not do it because I saw no reason untill I ordered a couple of coins twice.

Exactly. I find it hard to track which coins I have purchased and which I haven't. Since the forums show which thread I've replied to, it makes for an easy placeholder when scanning the forums for coins I'd like to purchase.

I do it to let the other 40 club members know that a club order has been placed so that they do not have to buy extra coins unless they want to. The two times I didn't post another co-founder also placed a sizable order on both so we had lots of spares to try and get rid of and it wasn't fair to the general comunity who were unable to get any. So in cases of clubs where more than one person does the ordering (or some of it anyway) it is nice to leave a heads up. But I agree wading through 3 pages of I will take 2 and then I ordered 2 from the same people can be tedious.

Lynn

Maybe it will save bandwidth.... :P  :lol:

I burn up plenty of bandwidth in the off topic forums :D

If using Paypal you get a receipt so it can't be for proof, right?

I got of long list of paypal receipts, some of them dont say what I bought

order #4215 what was that? :lol:

I can post PP'd for 2 and bookmark it.

(helped out a couple times with no search engine)