Www.lakepowellmarineelectronics.com

I've only had my new 60Cx for about 15 minutes, but so far it is noticeably better than my 60C as far as reception goes. I tested both of them on the bottom floor of my 2 story house and I snapped a pic. Make of it what you will since this "test" is by no means scientific, but I think the photo speaks for itself. You will also notice that the WAAS bar does in fact remain hollow even though it has a lock. That doesn't bother me though.

60cxVs60c.jpg

Edited by DD214
I've only had my new 60Cx for about 15 minutes, but so far it is noticeably better than my 60C as far as reception goes. I tested both of them on the bottom floor of my 2 story house and I snapped a pic. Make of it what you will since this "test" is by no means scientific, but I think the photo speaks for itself. You will also notice that the WAAS bar does in fact remain hollow even though it has a lock. That doesn't bother me though.

60cxVs60c.jpg

Thanks, I'm glad someone could verify that the WASS bird will not show a lock. I thought it was just me <_<

I'd like to know the closest foot accuracy in ideal conditions. My Etrex Yellow never gets below 15ft.

I just took it outside and after 2 minutes it reported +-12ft. That is under some fairly heavy tree cover, although there are no leaves right now.

Doh I think I waited a tad to long, as per the email I got back from lakepowelldiscountmarineelectronics.com <_<

We do have it in stock, but we are unable to sell it for less than $499 to be compliant with Garmin's new Minimum Resale Price policy. I'm very sorry about this. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you and have a great weekend.

?? Your old 60C is in the photo is showing location and ±28 feet with only one satellite?

At the time I took the photo the 60Cx showed a steady 22feet, while the 60C was jumping around between ~28feet and 100+feet. I just happened to snap the photo when it was showing 28feet.

I just let both units sit by themselves for 10 minutes, and then snapped a picture. Maybe this one is more representative of the difference <_<

60cxVs60c-2.jpg

Here is another pic I just took. I let them sit on the deck in my backyard for about 10 minutes. My house is blocking the sky to the front of the units, and there is fairly heavy (although mostly leafless) tree cover blocking the back of the units, while directly overhead is clear. I'm taking pics under somewhat adverse conditions since when they both have a clear view of the sky the accuracy is about the same, although the 60Cx does hold a couple more sats than the 60C, and the 60Cx signal strength is always a little bit better.

60cxVs60c-3.jpg

Does anyone have a good idea for a screen protector for my new Garmin 60CSx? I heard 3m makes a good product, but I can't think of the name.

I've used the invisible shield on my 60cs and the 3M product on my PDA. The invisible shield works better and has a lifetime warranty, even if it gets scratched. However, I would appreciate it if you buy the 3M product instead, because I work for them and am a stock holder. <_<

http://www.theinvisibleshield.com

I ordered my 60csx from Lake Powell on Jan. 16th and it hasn't shipped yet. I did get the $412 price though and after all the talk on this thread I hope Phil ships it soon (as of today still no tracking number). I sent Phil an email and haven't gotten a reply, tried to call but got his answering machine. I'm sure everything with the order is fine, I'm just having a hard time being patient...

well I finally got started playing with my garmin 60csx it is much better in all respects than the original 60cs

I am sitting inside my houes with only one window 20' away from it and getting sat. reception.

the sd card will only hold 59.5 mb on the 64mb card that came with it why it won't fill up not sure.

so far so good

Like most storage media, they state the capacity of those cards in decimal megas and gigas, so that 64 MB card holds 64,000,000 bytes instead of 67,108,864. The software probably reports binary megabytes which works out to 61 megs.

Edited by Rotareneg
Weird-

Im sitting 3' from my window and having trouble keeping it locked. Does it matter if it's 1' from my monitors? I'm not getting the indoor reception you guys are claiming... but certainly locks up quick when I step outside...

GPS will not work near my PCs either, if I just pull away from any electronic device like monitors and PCs, my 60C will start to pick up sats in my house, but not as well as a 60Cx would.

-

Geoff

Hey guys, if you did not catch the original $412 deal on the new 60CsX from Lake Powell Marine Electronics go back and look again. I just ordered one for the $499 minimum allowed manufacture price but a bonus of your choice now ships with your unit. Notice the drop-down right by the price... Cool huh!

60CsX @ Lake Powell Marine Electronics

When you add the shipping to your cart it still shows the price of any of the shipping methods. Can anyone confirm that there is free overnight when you go through the whole checkout?

When you add the shipping to your cart it still shows the price of any of the shipping methods. Can anyone confirm that there is free overnight when you go through the whole checkout?

I just left the default "Ground" selection checked which added the $10 shipping fee. The ad text does say it will be deleted and that overnight shipping is free. I requested an e-mail confirmation so I will let you know as soon as it hits my inbox.

Edited by lstout
hi,

does anyone know, whether lakepowellmarineelectronics.com deliver to Germany? If I add the 60CSx to cart, there's only US and Canada in the pulldown field.

thx, André

Best thing to do is send them an email. I am sure they would do their best to take care of you.

Just ordered one from Lake Powell Marine Electronics, with the gift card kick back :(. I would just like to say Phil over there is the best! and with the quickest responses I have ever gotten on email. Even on Saturday today!

Ok can't wait to start caching :P

OK, I'm feeling left out of the loop here. What is the gift card kickback? I haven't had any success getting any kind of a bargain from lakepowellmarineelectronics.com. What kind of deal did you get?

Just ordered one from Lake Powell Marine Electronics, with the gift card kick back :(. I would just like to say Phil over there is the best! and with the quickest responses I have ever gotten on email. Even on Saturday today!

Ok can't wait to start caching  :P

OK, I'm feeling left out of the loop here. What is the gift card kickback? I haven't had any success getting any kind of a bargain from lakepowellmarineelectronics.com. What kind of deal did you get?

Nevermind, I found it. I thought it was a little more clandestine than that.