Www.lakepowellmarineelectronics.com

I just wanted to let eveyone know that I found an awesome company to deal with in regards to the garmin gps 60csx product. I just ordered it and it was in stock..... sent email attn to phil and got superior results. Finaly there is a someone who cares about the consumer................ keep up the good work at www.lakepowellmarineelectronics.com

and thanks again

New here but wanted to say a few words. I was looking for my first gps and was going to go with the legend cx until I found out that it didn't have the sirfIII. I still can't believe Garmin went this route. Then I talked myself into adding an extra 100 now insted of upgrading later on and get the gpsmap60cx. I hope that it will be worth it. Anyways I was at work and checked out http://www.lakepowellmarineelectronics.com/ and saw the 60cx on sell. By the time I got home it was back up to 450. I contacted Phil as advised on this forum and he got back to me within minutes. He brought the price back down. I placed the order and hope to have it soon. This is some of the best service that I have seen. Can't wait to start caching.

SketchySmurf 

Posted: Jan 19 2006, 06:22 PM

Report PostQuote Post

Premium Member

All these raves about lakepowellelectronics...some by people with only one post...***spidey sense tingling***

what exactly does that mean??????????????didn't know posts mattered

Edited by mr. obnoxious

What could it mean?? It could mean the company is setting up usernames just to boost the company! Sorry if I'm a little paranoid, but getting duped on the internet is not exactly unheard of.

Besides, have you seen their seller ratings on Yahoo? Read some of the comments, if that doesn't get you thinking twice I don't know what will...

Caveat Emptor.

well I can tell you for sure I don't work for lake powell . I did speak with phil he took my order sent me a tracking number and is scheduled to be delievered tom. Now the only thing we have to see is to make sure it is a 60csx if it they are great. ,,,,, I will keep you aprised

Keep us updated!! Aparently many of us have purchased from lakepowelldiscountmarineelectronics.com, and a sense of relaxation would be nice!

Ok..

I can tell you that I do not work for them either. I had pre-ordered the csx yesterday and was told by Phil it would be 3-4 weeks. He told me he would give me free overnight for my troubles...He contacted me today and told me his shipment came in today, and he was giving me free overnight regardless. He honored the 412 price. It shipped today, and tomorrow I should have it. I know people who have used them before, and have been estatic. I chatted with him later in the day, and he was overwhelmed by us! I suggested he advertise on the boards here. Hopefully he will, because customer service like this is rare, if not extinct. Give him the benefit until otherwise proven. I'll be enjoying my new toy tomorrow, and will give a full report! :lol:

...customer service like this is rare, if not extinct. Give him the benefit until otherwise proven...

OK, I could use a little assurance. I spent a lot of money tonight just to prove a point. I hope for all our sakes that they turn out to be alright. Like I said, I can be very vocal about my opinions and if I do get burned, well let's just say I have a LOT of time on my hands...

Just wanted to say that I do not work for them either. I have been around for a week or so just never posted since I wasn't sure which gps to get. I will be around for now one. Probably asking questions when I get my unit. I will let everyone know how it goes. Later!

Their yahoo ratings are just fine. You can't please everyone and things do go wrong from time to time. Look at any other big seller and their ratings. Everyone has pissed people off.

It's really easy to pad your seller ratings. Sell something to yourself and then refund your money and your left with the ability to say whatever you want. That's why you have to look really hard at the ones that weren't so happy. That's why eBay's and Amazon's system works so well. It's very difficult to corrupt their rating system.

Its true that big companies get bad ratings sometimes but they have dedicated costumer service staff with detailed steps on how to get restitution. We don't have anything except an email...You do understand how "sketchy" this can all seem right?

I'm really hoping I'm wrong. Like I said there's no turning back I've already plunked down the cheese. But I won't be satisfied until my CSx gets here in factory fresh condition with all the parts accounted for and the unit working the way its supposed to.

I think you have been had Sketch... I think phil took your money and ran.......

From what I gather he said he was taking all of us who gave him good feedback on vacation with your money.......... Thanks sketch

P.S Now that we have Sketchys money I guess we can all tell him the bad news that we all work for LakePowell ....Thanks again Sketchy (sucker)

Yep, Phil is the man. I ordered a 60Cx yesterday afternoon, but I never received a followup email. I sent an email to Phil this morning asking if they were still in stock and when I could expect my order to ship. He responded quickly letting me know that the order shipped yesterday, and upped my shipping to next day free of charge. I entered the tracking number at DHL, and found that the untit was delivered today! I'm at work so I had no idea that it had arrived. Excellent service.

yup- got mine as well! Been playin with it for the past hour or so. I dont have a clue of what Im doing, but man these things are cool!

I did have to calibrate the compass, and it took about 20 seconds to find initial lock from my backyard. Other than that- anyone want to know anything else about it?

Well..

DHL just dropped off my brand spankin' new 60CSX!!! Phil came through as promised! Sketchy...any news on yours?

I ordered mine late last night. Opted for ground delivery, so I don't expect it until late next week. No mention of an overnight upgrade, though no company has ever done that for me. If he comes through for me as well as he did for you then I will be a lake powell convert for life...But so far, two emails sent about status, and no response yet.

yup- got mine as well! Been playin with it for the past hour or so. I dont have a clue of what Im doing, but man these things are cool!

I did have to calibrate the compass, and it took about 20 seconds to find initial lock from my backyard. Other than that- anyone want to know anything else about it?

Was this 20 secs for a sat to lock on, or for the gps to give a position...? When I started mine up, it took 40 secs to report a position. Note: this is not the same as locking on to a satellite...