Any Way To Preserve Cow Manure?

TeamVilla5

Okay, while out caching the other day, I came across this cow patty that was perfectly sized & shaped to cut a container hole in the underside. It was already extremely hard-shelled & dried out, except the underside needed a little more drying... :ph34r:

Anyway, is there a way to spray the whole thing with Krylon matte finishing spray or a matte varnish or some other ingenious way to make sure that the thing doesn't just disintegrate back into grass? Surely, SOMEONE has done this before... :lol: ...right? :lol: ... maybe? :lol:

Happy Caching!

Lori V.

TeamVilla5

I heard about these clocks.

On another part of the website the maker says

She needed a substance that would seal the outside of the pies and make them more durable; the pies tend to crumble easily. The solution: a glaze used on old wooden boats. "That seemed to stick on the outside and make them tougher," she said.

Good luck and let me know how it goes so I can avoid this one.

And let me guess, you'll place it in a field of cow patties?

Steve, nope, I would not be that diabolical... :lol: ... I would prefer to place it somewhere where it doesn't "belong," such as in the woods, where there are other distractions to be found, to see just how observant others are! :ph34r: I love the "hiding in plain sight" approach for our hides!

Happy Caching!

Lori V.

TeamVilla5

http://members.nvc.net/csrtc/turdbird.html

There is some use of the s-word at the above link, but she was planning on making cow pie ashtrays.

These other things are made from horse apples. :)

I noticed one lady, attending one of my craft shows, bend over the table a little bit, then quickly stand back up. I watched some more and noticed she'd reach for a Turd Bird, then would draw her hand back. Finally she picked one up, began to bring it toward her nose...stop, set it down. She did that several times, each time getting a tad closer to her nose with it. I couldn't stand it any longer. I walked over to her and said, "No, they don't smell." She couldn't believe it. She finally got brave enough to take a sniff. I was right. It didn't.

Another lady was holding one, looking it over from every angle, sort of shaking her head. She looked up to see me standing there and asked, "What exactly did you make these with?....They look so REAL.....I mean they actually LOOK like REAL horse manure. How did you DO THAT?" I said, "I didn't.....the horse did!" She let out a gasp and promptly dropped the poor little guy. I'm not positive of this, but I "think" she came back and bought one.

I would use West System epoxy to seal up the pie. It is expensive, but soaks into wood and other porous materials very well. Nearly every window in my house hase has been repaired with the stuff, which saved many dollars and the pain of replacing windows. Look in your local boating supply store to find it.