The Gas Geocoin

wavector

don't have a password either. wander how that happens..lol.

Hope AG is right about the 12:30 sale without password!

I am. From the details page (I just checked):

2/20/2006 9:00:00 PM locked

2/20/2006 9:30:00 PM

2/21/2006 12:00:00 PM locked

2/21/2006 12:30:00 PM

Edited by AtlantaGal
I was hoping to get one of the GAS coins. I am not a club member, and I assumed that it was supposed to be a "free-for-all" after 9:30, but it dissapeared. All I ever saw was the locked buying. Hope it comes back, I hope to get one! :cute:

They went on sale again today at noon and 12 30 but that was it. Might need to try the trade thread.

:D

They went on sale again today at noon and 12 30 but that was it. Might need to try the trade thread.

Well, phooy! :D I have gotten an offer for a trade, etc. It will be okay if I don't get any. I thought they were cool though. I cant believe they only sold for a short amount of time. :cute:

Edited by altosaxplayer

The two sales of the GAS Geocoin have concluded and the coin did very well, thank you all very much. As everyone may know this coin was made in a hopefully transparent process, I have not kept any secrets about the production or the intent. A total of 625 identical coins were made. I would like to assure everyone that I have not engineered any special "surprise" versions of the coin nor will I be offering this coin in trade, as a steward of the process I feel have discharged that trust faithfully.

The results of the sale are still not in so I am not sure if there has been an excess of funds produced but the intent of the sale is realized and GAS now has 125 GAS geocoins that will be given away unactivated in geocaches in Alberta South, again, thanks to all of you. I would like to thank all the buyers of the GAS geocoin and let cachers in Lethbridge, Drumheller and of course Medicine Hat know that the GAS geocoin is coming to a cache near you soon, so find a new geocacher, sign them up at geocaching.com and take them out caching, they will enjoy it and you might find a geocoin!!!

I would like to thank the local geocachers and the Calgary Area Cachers who purchased this coin, I appreciate the support and I know that the coin was available during the full period of both presales, many Calgary cachers sent emails asking for the password. In recognition of the sale completion I placed a laminated token in a cache in Medicine Hat today, that laminated token can be redeemed for the first geocoin to be given away.

The public sales lasted 34 seconds and 2:30 minutes respectively though the coin did drop a few more times and might do so again if orders are cancelled or payment is not made.

Holy smoke wavector you are long winded! :cute:

Quick question: Are the Geocoins already made and shipping?

The store has indicated that the coins usually ship a few weeks after the sale. I think the store will keep the shipping info up to date on the front page.

Yes, I am long winded, I like words. I leave a lot of them in logbooks also. :D

Holy smoke wavector you are long winded! :D

Quick question: Are the Geocoins already made and shipping?

The store has indicated that the coins usually ship a few weeks after the sale. I think the store will keep the shipping info up to date on the front page.

Yes, I am long winded, I like words. I leave a lot of them in logbooks also. :cute:

Yeah we noticed that when reading your cache pages while in Medicine Hat, whew! :cute:

The GAS Geocoin was intended to promote geocaching. Some of these coins will be given away specifically but the majority of the GAS Geocoins will be given away generally, in caches. The first GAS Geocoin was given away in a cache today, well not the first metal coin, they have not shipped yet. Athene and Falco found the laminated token that represented a free GAS geocoin in Birds, AB - Rock Dove.

Congratulations to Athene and Falco.

I realize that the geocoin forum is not the right place to post updates on the GAS Geocoin promotion. A geocacher in Lethbridge, Alberta whom I have never met has offered the GAS Project forum space, it was a pleasant and timely offer, thanks GarAr.

I have created a new thread in the Lethbridge Forum for posting updates on the GAS Geocoin giveaways.

The forum is located at this web address

http://geocache.drhd.com/viewtopic.php?t=3...eba31729d5c7d79

Feel free to register and make comments on any of the discussions you might see on the Forums or just drop in and check The GAS Geocoin thread to see how the giveaways are proceeeding.

Thanks again for the support that geocoin enthusiasts worldwide have shown for this coin.

The GAS Website is also online and you can see where the orange dinosaur came from.

Yep, I missed that one :D:) knew when it was going up, but had other things come up... Hoping to be able to trade for one as well.....

I'll have one to trade for either a CacheBuzzards or Rhein-nahe coin

Can't help ya there AG wish I could ..........

Both are currently for sale here in the forums. I'm just not buying personal coins much anymore. Just a few exceptions here and there. So you COULD if you wanted to :D

I've been buying a few Organization coins lately .. and a few others ,, trying to save some dollars to get some personal coins made so I can get in this trading of " personal " coins game :D

Time will tell :D