Favorite Coin Metal

JoelMart

I tried to search to see if this was discussed before but search appears to be broken...

What type of metal does everyone favor? I personall LOVE the look of the Pewter/Antique Silver/Antique Nickel coins. Sure some coins look great in a certain metal because of their design or enamel colors used but I just love the darker dull look of the Antiqued Metals.

The other great thing with them is that you can handle them without leaving fingerprints on the polished finish. I have a few shiny coins that were handled before I obtained them and they look terrible from the tarnish caused by human hands. Guess maybe I'll get out the brasso and see how it does on them.

I want the metal you can flip, bang, drop in the ocean for 2000 years, find it scrape the crust off and it's still as good as the day it was made. I don't know what metal that is but it's what I want to make my sig coin out of.

You want gold. Some of it has been around 2000 years already. Cost effectiveness? $200 coin? Naaahhhh. :anitongue:

I want the metal you can flip, bang, drop in the ocean for 2000 years, find it scrape the crust off and it's still as good as the day it was made.  I don't know what metal that is but it's what I want to make my sig coin out of.

You want gold. Some of it has been around 2000 years already. Cost effectiveness? $200 coin? Naaahhhh. :anitongue:

Gold is good until you hit that banging part. You chould be able to flip my coin like David Carradine (sp?) did in Kung Fu in case of the need for self defence and not dent it on their noggins.

I'll go against what seems to be a developing majority and say I like the shiny metals. One of my favorite coins is a personal coin that is shiny silver and gold. It just plain looks neat to me.

I like the shiny ones, too. I'll keep two of them; one to stay in a sleeve and never to be touched, and another to carry around and fondle whenever I want. I'll even polish them from time to time to keep the shine. I do like the antiqued silver or pewter, though. I don't care much for the painted ones; I prefer a coin that looks like real money.