What Kind Of Vehicle Do You Drive While Geocaching

uncleboogie

Most of our caches were travelled to in Utey (my '02 Holden VU Commodore).. He's a tough little thing, dual-fuel (LPG & Unleaded) which lets me pick and choose at the bowser and comes in handy for long stretches.. He has a bit of fun dancing in the dirt.. (but has a bit of trouble in the mud.. and some clearance issues....)

So when the fella bought his '06 Toyota SR Hilux, well.. it definitely eliminated the 'reckon Utey will get through..?' =)

165314_10150393288130437_858125436_16960023_2426155_n.jpg

His..

37750_10150231497860437_858125436_13576043_6049235_n.jpg

Hers..

Both'll be stamped with travelbugs soon..

Most of our caches were travelled to in Utey (my '02 Holden VU Commodore).. He's a tough little thing, dual-fuel (LPG & Unleaded) which lets me pick and choose at the bowser and comes in handy for long stretches.. He has a bit of fun dancing in the dirt.. (but has a bit of trouble in the mud.. and some clearance issues....)

So when the fella bought his '06 Toyota SR Hilux, well.. it definitely eliminated the 'reckon Utey will get through..?' =)

165314_10150393288130437_858125436_16960023_2426155_n.jpg

His..

37750_10150231497860437_858125436_13576043_6049235_n.jpg

Hers..

Both'll be stamped with travelbugs soon..

Oh the yanks will have a field day with the crumblydore ute. They will want to know where you got the kit from.

My rig has just changed to something more caching friendly! I LOOOOOOVE it! I was caching in a 2002 Saturn SW2 (Small Wagon), which was great in a way, but had no ground clearance, so although it was pretty sure footed it just wasn't as practical for the Oregon backroads. I just bought a 2004 Saturn Vue, which actually gets really good gas mileage and is OH SO comfortable and I love the ground clearance and AWD. Everyone says it's the perfect georig for me. On top of the practical stuff it has heated seats and all kinds of room, which I love.

Here's a picture before I drove it off the lot:

95958ebd-20ab-456e-ba73-a89eb2effc25.jpg

Last year I bought a ride that wont be used for anything else than my and my sons geocaching trips. Last year I went over all metal and mechanical parts. This year I'll get a kitchen and 2 beds in it and if time is on my side I'll have it repainted. It's a 1972 VW type 2 panel bus with "low" mileage.

Bussen1.jpg

Just wondering what kind of vehicle do people drive while Geocaching. Do you have 4x4's for the off-road cache's? Are there road warriors that mainly stick to the ones that you can drive right up to, or hike back?

The wife's Camry and my Volvo.

Volvos are the BEST cars for caching. Especially the ones made in the '90s. I have one, its a great rugged vehicle.

Just wondering what kind of vehicle do people drive while Geocaching. Do you have 4x4's for the off-road cache's? Are there road warriors that mainly stick to the ones that you can drive right up to, or hike back?

The wife's Camry and my Volvo.

Volvos are the BEST cars for caching. Especially the ones made in the '90s. I have one, its a great rugged vehicle.

1992 940 GL. Still runs like a champ. Over 300,000 miles, every bell and whistle still works like the day it was built. Never had a problem with the power seats, windows, mirror. The speedometer cable stopped working about a year ago, but it didn't matter. I never used it. I have what the law calls a speeding problem.

My rusted, cracked windshield, muddy, s**tbox of a 1997 VW Golf (with a geocaching logo in the r/rear window, BTW). My numero uno cache machine. I've located caches while with my wife in her new BMW but I'm tired of hearing "do you have to open that filthy thing in here?" so I enjoy using the Golf.

Mainly our 2007 Mazda Miata. Often when I am on my own I take my Yamaha FJR. back roads require the Durango.

Scoop & Shell

Never been off-road caching (that's what hiking is for and around my part of CT hikes over a mile are quite rare). However thanks to caching I discovered that my Audi A8 can actually handle up to six inches of show pretty easily. I've got a 1997 4WD F-150, but its brakes are shot so I haven't tried to off road with it.

Mostly just depends on what I'm driving at the time. The Jeep is nice for more rural caches, or those cemeteries where there's no parking but in a deep ditch, but for the most part I'm not afraid to take the street cars or bikes down rough dirt/gravel roads.

2009 Pontiac G3

2000 Triumph Tiger

2000 Dodge Stratus

1991 Honda CB250

1989 Jeep Cherokee

I don't have pics of the Pontiac or Dodge handy...

5875560888_6a9f317e30.jpg

2800986681_5635181985.jpg

5604900168_c77716eaca.jpg

With the price of gas getting ready to push over $3/gallon again this summer, my vehicle of choice is my bicycle. Gets great mileage.

Just saw this thread and couldn't figure out what they were talking about..... until I looked a the date it was posted. lol

We have a Dodge Durango (2wd) so we can't go after the 4x4 ones. I don't even think there are any around here anyway.

1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 5 speed manual transmission with 215,000 miles on it. Silly thing is just incredible. It is also a TB. 33 mpg on the highway and it'll go through mud and snow, up hills and over rocks like a champ. Sure, it isn't as brutal an off-road machine as my 98 Jeep with 6" lift, Dana super 60 front and rear end, Detroit lockers and 42" MTR's, but it gets me where I need to be for substantially less CHING!