past vehicles include:

1993 Nissan Hardbody 4x4

1969 Ford Bronco

1993 Nissan Pathfinder

1999 Mustang

2004 Chevy Aveo

2004 Toyota Corolla

man, I go through a lot of cars

Most of my caching is done using my 2008 Jeep Patriot. Not the best choice of vehicle for serious off-roading excursions, but it gets the job done in most situations. Sugar sand...no problem. Deep mud ... a little more of an issue (which gipsie can verify since she had to yank me out of the mud in the NJ Pine Barrens once haha).

Toyota Matriz XRS is my primary geocar. Small zippy little manual 5 speed with front wheel drive that can get into small places and is good at maneuvering within traffic. It comes complete with a removable security system as visible in the picture below. When the situation dictates though I do also have a Ford Expedition with full tow package to pull the matrix out of the mud, snow, .....

148813_1701130325845_1165554550_1927262_8353729_n.jpg

Nissan GU Patrol, 4 inch lift, big chunky mud terrains, steel barwork all around, spotlights, radio antennas, onboard GPS system (which is totally useless for geocaching!) - that's my only car, so it does all the offroad stuff with ease and it's fun manoeuvering it around in tight city alleys and streets ...... ok that sucks, but we generally park in the vicinity of a few caches and then wander around sniffing them out - the more walking for the Geo-Beast and I the better!

Nissan GU Patrol, 4 inch lift, big chunky mud terrains, steel barwork all around, spotlights, radio antennas, onboard GPS system (which is totally useless for geocaching!) - that's my only car, so it does all the offroad stuff with ease and it's fun manoeuvering it around in tight city alleys and streets ...... ok that sucks, but we generally park in the vicinity of a few caches and then wander around sniffing them out - the more walking for the Geo-Beast and I the better!

I used to primarily cache with my wifes 09 Camry Hybrid. Great on gas, and I really liked the comfort of it. She decided recently that it was time for a divorce, so no more Camry for me....

My cache retrieving vehicle was an 02 lifted Avalanche, but that recently got traded for an 11 Silverado Crewcab Z71 4x4. Don't think I'll be taking it down any tight trails like I used to with the Avalanche. The AV, at least had plastic trim to prevent scratching the paint. Don't want any scratches in the new truck!!

My other 2/3rds traded in her '07 4dr Jeep for an '11 (I believe she just liked the color.) She's got the mountain/rock vehicle.

My last died way too soon and I just picked up an '11 Dodge Ram 1500 4wd (w/ a hemi :) )

This one has power inverters built in, so "staying over" at distant spots is as simple as pluggin' in the coffee pot.

This one'll be the road vehicle when we're together.

We also (both) have Harleys (hers is a T.B.) to save a bit on gas when in warmer weather.

I've tried real hard to drown my 2001 Honda Civic going through washed-out road and mud holes on forest trail. It's a good tough little car, easy on the maintenance and the gas. I now drive a Subaru Impreza (which I really like to drive) but I was reminded by close family that it doesn't float either...