What Kind Of Vehicle Do You Drive While Geocaching

uncleboogie

This picture was taken on January 6, 2008. The temp was 60 F, just a few days before the temp was 0 F, so a major thaw. It is in a parking lot of a local park where we went to find a couple of caches that day. It is a 1986 Chevy Celebrity, 4 banger. I bought it for $100 a couple of years ago and use it to go to work and drive around town (saves wear and tear on my good car). It gets around 25 mpg, suburban driving. BTW, we did not get stuck.

carmud.jpg

I wish I still had my 1990 Geo Tracker. It was my first car. I got it for graduation and drove it until it fell apart. The hood would have been a great place for the geocaching logo. Not to mention the fact that it was a Geo Tracker. I would have had sure finds with that car it would have found the caches for me. :lol:

I got my Saturn SC2 to get me close, and my Specialized FSR Ground Control to get me closer. I also have these things attached to the bottoms of my legs, feet they call them.

transport.jpg

I'd like to get a Lancer Evo but it won't be happening for a long while now.

Edited by xakdublin

Primarily, a 1992 Dodge Dakota long bed

20f74519-7a89-4af1-af6f-7bb4f4b5c079.jpg

28d5295c-bde4-4321-aa29-90e41944c2f1.jpg

Or, a 2003 white Dodge Stratus (not pictured). Both vehicles belong to my parents, though, which is why the truck has a ham radio call sign on the back, as my dad is a ham radio operator. The plates on both vehicles are ham plates as well. The geocaching emblem is a magnet, so I can transfer it to either vehicle.

'99 jeep TJ

We still have the soft top hanging in the garage with a bikini top over the front seats we put on in mid april. Now that the temps are getting in the low 90's by early afternoon, the soft top will go back on in the next week or two.

My son and I just got done putting a locker in the front differential Saturday, so am ready for those "tougher" excursions :laughing: .

Jim

I will post pics later, but will tell ya now.

I started caching in my 1999 Dodge Dakota. Then gas started going way up. The only time I use the truck to cache now is if I know I need it for the area. I bought a 1989 Chevy Celebrity last year for $350. Used it till the tranny started to slip and was unfixable. Now I have a 1989 Mazda MX6 that I just got. I use the wife's 2006 Subaru Impreza when she goes too. I also use my 2006 Yamaha Kodiak in the areas that you can take an ATV. I have even used my mountain bike. Next year it will be a street bike too. They are all travle bugs too now.

Well, I got done with my latest project. Here it is. Its a 04 Grand Prix! You would be Spuirsed where it will go. Once I get some more time and money, it'll get a set of adjustable airbags... that way it'll have the higher clearances that I need for the last few in my local area. Of course, by then, I'm also hoping to have a Jeep that I can do the same to...

2553512961_0d26afffea_b.jpg

You can't see it, but there's a wireless keyboard with touchpad on it.

The Last thing I want to do is put a Touchpad screen in.

The Steaks

My main transportation is my '06 Prius which averages 48 mpg in the spring-fall months (42 winter). If need be I can take my '96 Jeep Cherokee. I plan on hitting three caches at a lake tomorrow that'll be easier to reach if I take my kayak, so it'll be the Jeep day. I live in a very rural area and since I've hit all the local caches I now have to drive 40-70 miles to get any more caches I suspect I'll be using the Prius more.