What Kind Of Vehicle Do You Drive While Geocaching

uncleboogie

Just wondering what kind of vehicle do people drive while Geocaching. Do you have 4x4's for the off-road cache's? Are there road warriors that mainly stick to the ones that you can drive right up to, or hike back?

I drive a Black (camo for night work)Toyota (Scion) xb great car/truck. You should see everything it hauls, and it gets great gas mileage. :(

I've got a white '01 PT Cruiser. About 100,000 miles on it right now. The back row of seats fold down, so a good amount of cargo room in the back. I've put a CB in it, good for multi-car group hunts. My only complaints are that it's too low to the ground, and no 4WD or trailer hitch. For now, it gets me where I need to go. My next vehicle will probably be a Land Rover or something similar.

2041841584_998f5bb40f.jpg

The Stump Club Cache was kinda hard on my Acura CL the other day... Time to get out the winter/woods unit, '93 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4.0L I-6, 5 sp manual. There aren't too many places it won't go, and as rusted and beat up as it is, I don't need to worry about babying it in the woods. In a couple years I will be looking for a nice price on a Wrangler Rubicon. There are almost NO places those won't go!

I LOVE that Volvo wagon! Looks better (at the very least more comfortable) than a Unimog! :laughing:

Almost forgot.... My ride from April-Nov.... Now this will be some fun geocaching!

SummerRide.jpg

Edited by geowizerd

The ultimate cachemobile is a '98 Buick Regal..leather, bose sound and most importantly, factory standard electronic roof mounted satellite portal.

Alternatively you could use a 2005 Toyota Camry. It should also be equiped with the satellite portal. :mad::laughing::mad:

The Buick is far superior in off-road situations.

Edited by Team Cotati

2003 Jeep Liberty -- it gets me to 90% of the places I want to go and makes for a good daily driver as well.

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 -- for when we are towing our RV.

Once the Libby is paid off I think we'll buy a third vehicle -- something really fuel efficient for those urban cache run days when we don't need the clearance of the Jeep and want to save some fuel $$$.

dd74d31e-f9fa-4d4d-acf6-d7f1bdf6bcec.jpg

:(

Well I have several options:

1. Soon to me the newest Family or Group caching mobile: 2008 Ford F350 Crew Cab 4X4 V10…

2. Current ’07 Dodge Caliber

3. 97 GMC 6.5 TD Crew Cab 4x4

4. Favorite: Signal Green Caching Machine!!!!

Yeap a 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650!!! Solo or 2 up go anywhere caching adventure finder!!!

Past: ’96 Dodge Grand Caravan

’90 Toyota xtra cab 4x4 PU

Sometimes: ’03 AmeriCamp 32’ 5th wheel!!!

Army Humvee???? Who said you can’t cache in Iraq!!!

Try a '07 Toyota Prius. Despite being a compact car they sure know how to configure it to maximize interior room. This car handles great. It blends into urban enviroments well and can become very stealthy when running on electric motor. Stealth... Stealth... Stealth.

usa_2008_toyota_prius_lbk_4_x_exfrdrvr75_x.jpg

Oh and did I mention it gets 50-60 mpg on average :)

:)

Well I have several options:

1. Soon to me the newest Family or Group caching mobile: 2008 Ford F350 Crew Cab 4X4 V10…

2. Current ’07 Dodge Caliber

3. 97 GMC 6.5 TD Crew Cab 4x4

4. Favorite: Signal Green Caching Machine!!!!

Yeap a 2008 Kawasaki KLR 650!!! Solo or 2 up go anywhere caching adventure finder!!!

Past: ’96 Dodge Grand Caravan

’90 Toyota xtra cab 4x4 PU

Sometimes: ’03 AmeriCamp 32’ 5th wheel!!!

Army Humvee???? Who said you can’t cache in Iraq!!!

I just added another caching vehicle.... a 1994 Freightliner Cab Over...you can see it here at Trukz!!!

http://www.trukz.com Happy caching and keep on trucking!!!

Wow, some of the stuff on here shows how much people really get into geocaching :yikes:

Unfortunately I can't drive yet and can't really afford to, so looks like its buses for the time being. But I will be putting alot of time into passing my tests in a month or two, then ill be getting a Fiat Punto given, but I'm still gonna be short of the insurance money :yikes:

Can't wait untill im on the roads though. It'll be no 4x4 but I don't really see the need for one round here. We'll probably just drive up into the lakes, park up and go up a mountain or two lol :santa: