What Kind Of Vehicle Do You Drive While Geocaching

uncleboogie

Just wondering what kind of vehicle do people drive while Geocaching. Do you have 4x4's for the off-road cache's? Are there road warriors that mainly stick to the ones that you can drive right up to, or hike back?

We justified the purchase of a 650 cc Suzuki Burgmann by declaring it as our "geo-mobile." The gas mileage on it is great, and it adds another fun dimension to geocaching. We have logged 2200 geo-miles since we purchased it four months ago. We should be able to use it 12 months a year down here in Florida. The problem arises when we want to bring our bicycles along!

I have it covered for all terrain and trails

1997 F150 with extended cab. I load the Wife kids an dog and head off road. If the trails are small then I get out my Polaris Sportsman 4x4 atv and my daughters Yamoto. The next smaller trails I go with the Harro Mountain bikes. If the trails get any smaller then it is just my gore-tex hiking boots.

2000 Subaru 2.5 RS, Brake booster support, Custom designed forced air intake, Underdrive pulley, Customed designed and handmade undercarriage guards, High flow fuel pump, Intake fuel pressure riser, Custom honed and ported intake manifold, 20 mm rear anti sway bar, custom add on air bags for added height when needed. Gets good mileage, gets me there faster then most and I have passed more pick-up trucks and 4 wheel drive vehicles stuck on hills that I drove right up then I count. In the snow I make 4x4's look like they are standing still.

1977 Volvo C303

:mad:

69dd57d5-9e38-4ca6-baa1-0654ed8d9f14.jpg

I think I have seen your vehicle - or at least one very similar to it down here in Marysville WA.

Maybe another one of the local members can tell me if the one in Marysville is owned by a geocacher. I've always thought it would be the ultimate geocache vehicle.

I've been driving a basic soccer mom vehicle - a low end Toyota Sienna, though I'm a guy, and have no kids. I didn't get it for caching, of course, but as a general purpose car. I like it a great deal, and for my suburban location it's a great car for caching.

However, I've decided that it's high time I have a mid-life crisis of some sort, so now I want a Piaggio X9 Evolution 500 scooter. :mad:

We justified the purchase of a 650 cc Suzuki Burgmann by declaring it as our "geo-mobile." The gas mileage on it is great, and it adds another fun dimension to geocaching. We have logged 2200 geo-miles since we purchased it four months ago.

That's one of the scooters I'm considering, along with the Yamaha Majesty (or maybe Morphous) and the Piaggio X9. I've got a lot more research to do yet.