Loading Maps Into Legend C

hey all:

I'm really liking my Legend C but......I can't seem to figure out how to load a map into it. I open Mapsource and select the transfer to GPS feature but maps are not an available option. I would like to use the routing functions in Metroguide Canada but can't figure this one out. The only available map in the device is the marine one that comes with it. very bland and no detail at all except major highways.

Thanks

Anyone??? Bueller???

hey all:

I'm really liking my Legend C but......I can't seem to figure out how to load a map into it. I open Mapsource and select the transfer to GPS feature but maps are not an available option. I would like to use the routing functions in Metroguide Canada but can't figure this one out. The only available map in the device is the marine one that comes with it. very bland and no detail at all except major highways.

Thanks

Anyone??? Bueller???

In MapSource, you have to "select" maps to load to the GPSr. You do this by clicking on the map select tool (it looks like a bent pentagram) and then clicking on the maps you want to load (the selected maps will turn pink). Then click on transfer to GPSr icon and check the "Maps" button.

First of all, MetroGuide Canada will not give your GPSr autorouting capabilities.  You'll need City Select for that. 

wow....wasted purchase then. Even the box states "automatically routes on the PC and compatible Garmin products" guess I and GPS Central misunderstood this

No, the misunderstanding is on Neo_Geo's part, but understandable given Garmin's inconsistent product naming. Most 'MetroGuide' products aren't designed to do autorouting on their GPS units, but MetroGuide-Canada is an exception.

I agree with Sputnik's comment on first selecting the map regions. In addition to clicking on them individually you can also do a 'click and hold' and pan the mouse to define a rectangular region which selects all the map regions within it.

It will create routes on the PC, which you then download to your GPSr - but that doesn't do much good for autorouting on the GPSr.

From Garmin's Cartography page:

"MetroGuide North America and Europe provide automatic route calculation for select products on the PC, while MetroGuide Canada offers autorouting on both the PC and compatible Garmin units."

Canningclan already has the correct mapping product as long as only Canadian maps are needed rather than a combination of both US & Canada, so there's no need for GPS Central to do any exchanging.

Sorry, but I was going on what Peter had corrected me on in a recent previous thread. It was somehow my misunderstanding - that the only MetroGuide that ever did autorouting on a GPSr was US version 4. I think I found THAT THREAD, and now that I've re-read it, I see that again I was wrong.

I give up... I think I'm just gonna watch from the sidelines whenever any MetroGuide autorouting issues are involved. :ph34r:

Still, check out that MapSource tutorial. It'll show you how to send the maps to your GPSr.