I'm Ceruleanwildfire, And I'm A Newbie.

M@X Meerkat

I hate introducing myself, always feels like you should be at a AA meeting. But anyways...

I'm ceruleanwildfire, don't ask, but most other forums call me CWF. I registered yesterday after reading about geocaching on CNN and thinking what the hell, let me dust off the Magellan.

I'm live and work in Johannesburg, although I really "live" in Sabie, MP. I work in IT but I'm also a qualified field guide and amateur photographer.

Welcome CWF. :blink: Those folks up in that part of the country will be glad to see some new faces/profiles popping around the area. Don't forget to bring that Magellan to Cape Town on the next holiday, we have some nice caches also!

Shout if you have any questions/concerns/good stories/etc. :)

As long as your spelling & grammar is correct at all times....otherwise....beware....the 'Rat. :lol:

Come on Whostops, its not nice to threaten new folks :lol:

It is however, perfectly acceptable to diss some of the older cachers - luckily I am a fit young lad, so you can't diss me cos i'm not that old, unlike those retired folks at the top of the list :ph34r:

(Sorry TV&M, Globalrat promised me a TB tag if I got a dig in for that)

Susie, the times are all wrong cos the server is based on USA time, not our time.

Oh and welcome to CWF (any relation to QFC?)

There certainly is rapidly growing cache collection in the Sabie area!

I hear tell that DBob has purchased himself a massive driepoot and wooden spoon...... :lol:

But on the hypothesis of hiring someone... what better than a nubile swede??

As for Gen.Rick.... welcome...... see that it's your first post on the forums and that you're new to Geocaching. Enjoy mudisland... hope that your interest in the SA Forum means that you'll visit us at some stage.... or are you a Saffer stuck in wellies in London?

Went after GC2AC1 (JOHANNESBURG SOUTH-1B) this weekend. Unfortunately I only had time to find one this weekend but fun and addictive it was. Went with Saturn Moon (My girlfriend and also a newbie) and found it in the wee hours of the morning (No muggles stupid enough to be floating around at that time). Just realised how good geocaching is for your fitness <_< (specially with the uphills).

PS: Other newbies, anlufu and Gen.Ric, Welcome!

PS:PS: How long does one remain a Newbie?

hi all thanks for the warm welcome.

CWF i think we become more unRookiefied the more cache's we find(or dont find), the more Ftf's we nail,the more TB's we move, the more GPS's we destroy, etc,etc,etc

Eventually well get that experienced seen it all before hardcore geocacher look sported by the likes of the TVM:

TVM.jpg

Happy Caching

Gen Rick

Edited by Gen.Rick

Great pic Gen.Rick. Welcome and love the contribution to the post. hehe I've meet TVM and they're not that hardcore, although their stats make you wonder..... Perhaps they will be getting harleys to cache with? :unsure:

And don't dwell on this site, otherwise you'll never get anything else done!!!!!