Cabin Fever

Spoo

The other night, I mentioned that here in the North it is pretty hard to do much BM hunting of any significance. Tonight, I was reviewing some of my happier times in the field. I'm sure I have crowed to some of you about this but I hope you will take a moment and look at these sites and my pix. The mountains of Maine and New Hampshire are beautiful country.

Whalesback Mountain, ME-NH border

Mt. Pleasant, Maine

Green Mountain, New Hamphire

Ossipee Mountain, Maine

I hope you all enjoy!

EDIT NOTE: 'mentioned' = whining

Edited by Spoo

Geez, I haven't encountered any views/scenery that neat yet while benchmarking. But my own little corner of the BM world is flat, boring and doesn't offer much in the way of fantastic views.

I am envious!!!!

edit: spelling

Edited by AstroD-Team

Spoo.

You got me going again with this topic. My knee is all better so I can start hunting again. Today wasn't the best of days on the hunt. I had 8 printed up but only got to look for 2 of them and didn't find either of them. MZ0262 had a wall of ice covering it and MZ1920 had a foot of snow over it. That usually doesn't create to much of a problem but under the snow I kept finding pieces of aluminum window frames and foam insulation. I probably dug 10-12 holes looking for things that the metal detector picked up. I had to have the sensitivity and discrimanation way up because of the depth of the snow so I got some bad signals. Nine hours and 200 miles with nothing to show but a good time.

Dave