2006 Compass Rose

oldnavy59

Okay from the Coins & Pins website:

The new 2006 Compass Rose Geocoin. Sales for the initial set of compass rose coins will start on or around 6 Feb 06 at USAGeocoins.com. Check their website for more specific updates. Pre-orders will not be taken for this coin at any location.

Seems whatever just happened is a direct contradiction to what's posted at C&P. Plus it's not February 6th. So what's up?

this is what my reservation notice said:

Reserve your 2006 Compass Rose Geocoin now!

This is NOT a pre-sale! This is a chance to reserve your 2006 Compass Rose geocoin. The 2006 Compass Rose Geocoin is expected to begin shipping mid to late February.

Visit the link below for more information:

http://www.usageocoins.com/compassrose.htm

Once again, this is NOT a pre sale and no money will be collected.

Once the 2006 Compass Rose geocoins are in stock those people on the reservation list will receive a paypal invoice from Web Services Plus LLC.

Thank you,

Web Services Plus LLC

I dont know if that helps but thats all I know, and yes I did send in my reservation.

The 600 coins were all reserved in about an hour.

Also as stated in the one message above this was not a pre sale.

We decided to do 'reservations' as we have found out that it's difficult to cut off a item being sold through paypal as soon as the stock runs out.

This way no one will have to be issued a refund if their payment went through after a coin was sold out.

Thanks

Wow, those 600 coins went quick.  I wasn't able to order for PCC - our first coin club miss. I hope they will make more.  :blink:

How do you know they were gone so fast?

Because when I went to the site at 8:40 pm PST the reservation link was gone and this messsage appeared:

OUR ALLOTMENT OF 600 COINS HAVE BEEN RESERVED.

The time stamp on their email was 7:22 pm....a lotta people were reading email right then! Get a life, people - so I can get some coins! :)

Yep, international customers were out of luck - again!

I did get the email, 04:45 at night and tried the website at 07:15 and they where gone (both local times).

Maybe in future you can limit the coins ordered to 1 or two?

Then a lot more people can get these coins other than buying them for huge amounts on e**y... :blink:

Geocahing is a global thing you know...

I did get the email, 04:45 at night and tried the website at 07:15 and they where gone (both local times).

Then a lot more people can get these coins other than buying them for huge amounts on e**y... :blink:

Thank you for this posting.

Europeans had no chance at all. And I thought this is a global hobby.

If not do it as it was done or just write US only.

I hope that more coins will be made :blink:.

But the 2005 version was limited and I think this one will be limited also.

When the remaining coins will be sold in a simular way I think I will miss out on that one too.

But maybe they can be sold in batches or something like that. So everybody can have a go at them (maybe some kind of lottery?).

That way you can pre-order/reserve/purchase for a more reasonable time (ough, what is reasonable?) and everybody has the same chance of getting one.

Some coins can be bought first by people who bought a coin with the same seller before, and that also is not a nice way I think.

It becomes more and more difficult for "newbies" to get into coin collecting. Only when you have a large sum of $$ you can by them on the site-which-cannot-be-named.

Anyway: I'm not mad at not getting the coin, just at the way they are "sold"/reseverd.

No pre-message was given, so I did not have the choice not to go to bed and try to get the coins.

(ok, ok, ok: I am sad not get into this reservation round :))

Very nice to see, that the mail for preorder was sent on different time stamps to the mailing list. So the last one have noc chance to make the preorder!

:blink:

Marc

Marc:

The mail was sent out to a mailing list. The messages were not sent individually.

It appears some users ISP's may delay their mail. Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do when that happens.

The coins were limited to 5 per order.

That isn't fair I didn't get my email to now. They should have gave us a warning call saying they'll go on preorder at so and so time to make it fair. The way a web site mails stuff out the people with a-b-c email addresses will get their mails a long time before me at S a few hours after them.

Very nice to see, that the mail for preorder was sent on different time stamps to the mailing list. So the last one have noc chance to make the preorder!

:blink:

Marc

Marc:

The mail was sent out to a mailing list. The messages were not sent individually.

It appears some users ISP's may delay their mail. Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do when that happens.

Actually it would help if there were some forewarning about when the presale email would come out. On the east coast we would have had to stay awake into the night. Your method is lousy

Edited by horsegeeks
I know that this wasn't a pre-sale, but how is a reservation different from a pre-order?

No payments are made and no money is collected on reservations as opposed to a pre sale where payment is made before an item is in stock.

Edited by Eric K

yes, that is the difference between a reservation and a pre-SALE, but what about a pre-ORDER? I don't concider an order and a sale the same thing. I can place an ORDER for girl scout cookies and not have the SALE happen until they come in and I pay for them. I don't RESERVE the cookies first.

I know it may be a case of semantics, but I think that the reservation is sort of against the intent of the "no pre-orders" statement at coins and pins.

Well I missed out on this one also as I had to go to work to pay for all of the coins I have been ordering the last few weeks.The email notification of the option to reserve one did no good to me as I was working and the first chance to check my email (as I have no computer axcess at work ) they were sold out already !!

I also spoke with them. There should be plenty of opportunities for anyone to obtain the new coin. But they will not begin selling until after the 600 that were allotted to the reserving site.

I would post a link directly to the coin, but it appears their site (or just me) is having difficulties right now.

but if you look at the list of coin makers, you will be able to find it. "Compass Rose Geocoins" is a link on their home page.

edit: I can get to the site now. since this is a direct link to the specific coin being sold, it should be ok per the current forum guidelines.

2006 Compass Rose Geocoin

Edited by Not So Lost Puppies