Exporting Vertical Profile

angstkayak

I have a eTrex Vista C

I would like to be able to export a picture of the vertical profile of a track into a jpg or gif or something similar.

I have played with the mapsource 6.0 that came with the garmin and can pull up the vertical profile by looking at the properties of a track but I can not do anything other than click on specific points.

I have played with easygps software and it does not seem to have the ability to view vertical tracks.

Track Maker 13.0 will show a nice vertical track that includes the units of measure but I have not been able to figure out how to export it or copy and paste it or anything similar.

Is there another freeware or shareware that would allow you to do this?

Im sure others want to share their vertical track info about hikes, ski trips, flights, etc with friends in e mails.

You can do a screen capture (a.k.a. "Screen Shot"). Pressing and holding down the "Alt" key while hitting the "Print Screen" key will capture the active window. Pressing and holding down the "Ctrl" key and hitting the "Print Screen" key will capture the entire screen as displayed on your monitor. You can then paste the image into an MS Word document, the Windows Paint program, Photo Shop or some similar graphics applications. I like to use the "Photo Editor" program in MS Office'97 and 2000.

One of the quickest and easiest ways to do this is with the National Geographic Topo! program. It will import your track points and show them on the map. Click on that and it will build your profile, calculate distance, elevation gains. You can then save it as a .jpg or other formats. It works well but is not free.

I would like to be able to export a picture of the vertical profile of a track into a jpg or gif or something similar.

export_profile_image_sample.png

The Elevation Profile view in ExpertGPS allows you to export an image to place on your Web site. You can customize the text to display above and below the image, and set the exact size of the image so it will fit exactly on your Web page.

http://www.expertgps.com/help/elevation_profile.htm

Download a 30-day trial of ExpertGPS