Topo Great Britain

As forecast weeks ago on the GeoX forum, Garmin have now got round to launching this long-awaited mapping product. Details can be found HERE. There's an online previewer which can be accessed from that page (Top right). The map uses OSGB terrain data (it says, here.) Looks quite reasonable, and perhaps better than Magellan's equivalent - which, to be fair, is a much older product.

The bad news...

(1) No coverage of Northern Ireland or the IOM, (But we expected that.)

(2) US listed price: an eye-watering 300 dollars. No UK pricing as yet, but it'll be the usual rip-off.

-Wlw.

[edited for correct link]

Edited by wildlifewriter

Well if it works I guess that it will help some people, but OS maps are far superior than the quality of the samples given, so I'll not put this on my purchase list. Also noticed that they have not put a compatibility list in place, so what does it function on?

The whole of Ireland missed off also, why do they do that? It's annoying that they do especially when the mapping agencies of all 3 areas work closely together.

The whole of Ireland missed off also, why do they do that? It's annoying that they do especially when the mapping agencies of all 3 areas work closely together.

Denmark is missed off as well.

This could be because the product is TOPO Great Britain.

When TOPO Ireland is released, it will probably have Ireland on it. (Though this is not likely to happen any time soon.)

-Wlw.

I can`t see that much difference in the UK Topo, to the Free contour data, together with metroguide. Apart from that you get Ireland and the Isle of Man with the free data.

Also it looks incredibley cluttered on the UK topo, and the price tag of $300, come on Garmin ever Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Very disappointing, and hardly worth all the wait. Memory map is still going to blow the socks off this, think they`ll find it hard to sell something like that at a price that isn`t even worth considering.

Pengy

Will be out 1st Feb & full UK coverage, I.E England, Wales & Scotland £150 SRP. Will only download into the new Legend Cx, Vista Cx, GPS 60Cx & GPS 60CSx. Due to memory space required.

I saw this working on a gpsmap 60cs back in November so it can be done .It just means a smaller area can be carried around at a time. I had looked at the viewer on the Garmin site at my rural area and most of the unmetaled lanes are missing,very disapointing!

Dave