Reducing The Coins I Collect

Team Sand Dollar

Looking back at my coin frenzy I have come to the conclusion I have collected some coins just because they existed.

From now on I will only be going after Personal, State, Organization, and Event coins. With this in mind I will be trading or selling away coins that don't fit into this catagory with few exception.

Here is my first problem is there any market for Trackable coins that are already activated. Since I have the following activated coins that I no longer am interesetd in keeping.

Benchmark - Traded

Compass Rose

Red Hand

SCREW

I will still be collecting all coins for my dad but I finally don't need them all.

Team Sand Dollar

Edited by Team Sand Dollar
Looking back at my coin frenzy I have come to the conclusion I have collected some coins just because they existed.

From now on I will only be goins after Personal, State, Organization, and Event coins. With this in mind I will trading or selling away coins that don't fit into this catagory with few exception.

Here is my first problem is there any market for Trackable coins that are already activated. Since I have the following activated that I no longer am interesetd in keeping.

Benchmark

Compass Rose

Nielsenc Caching Around The World

Red Hand

SCREW

I will still be collecting all coins for my dad but I finally don't need them all.

Team Sand Dollar

I just emailed you regarding a possible trade. Hopefully I won't get booted out of this discussion for mentioning a trade. :)

JEN

I personally don't see any reason why activation is a problem unless the new owner never wants it activated.  Changing ownership is easy (I guess that's what the buck-fifty helps pay for).

Congratulations on your first step away from complete addiction.

Yeh! But my dad still has it bad. But at least he can afford it.

To those that are approaching we on trade. I may be a little slow in responding due to some minor sugery today that is slowing me down. ...Time for the meds.

Team Sand Dollar

Edited by Team Sand Dollar

To those that are approaching we on trade.  I may be a little slow in responding due to some minor surgery today that is slowing me down.  ...Time for the meds.

Why do I get the feeling that we'll soon see these coins on Ebay :)

Kidding!

Any monies I get from selling any of these coins will be going right back into coins. I said reducing not getting out.

I don't need the money for medical reasons...Just to buy more coins.

Team Sand Dollar

To those that are approaching we on trade.  I may be a little slow in responding due to some minor surgery today that is slowing me down.  ...Time for the meds.

Why do I get the feeling that we'll soon see these coins on Ebay :)

Kidding!

Any monies I get from selling any of these coins will be going right back into coins. I said reducing not getting out.

Team Sand Dollar

I will be selling one of my kidneys to help pay for the coins I am collecting! I have slowed down though, I am only buying coins on the days that end in "y"

:)

From now on I will only be going after Personal, State, Organization, and Event coins. With this in mind I will be trading or selling away coins that don't fit into this catagory with few exception.

I am confused did you not list the four categories that most coins fall under. So what are you really cutting back on :) .

Here is my first problem is there any market for Trackable coins that are already activated. Since I have the following activated coins that I no longer am interesetd in keeping.

Benchmark - Traded

Compass Rose

Red Hand

SCREW

Team Sand Dollar

Why not release them into caches?

From now on I will only be going after Personal, State, Organization, and Event coins.  With this in mind I will be trading or selling away coins that don't fit into this catagory with few exception.

Here is my first problem is there any market for Trackable coins that are already activated.  Since I have the following activated coins that I no longer am interesetd in keeping.

Benchmark - Traded

Compass Rose

Red Hand

SCREW

Team Sand Dollar

Why not release them into caches?

Any monies I get from selling any of these coins will be going right back into coins.

Why do I get the feeling that we'll soon see these coins on Ebay :anicute:

Kidding!

Team Sand Dollar

I will be selling one of my kidneys to help pay for the coins I am collecting! I have slowed down though, I am only buying coins on the days that end in "y"

:)

I may buy that kidney. :anicute:

Me and -Hawk- are gonna go brew some beer next week. :)

[edit--crappy sentence structure]

Edited by Shop99er
With this in mind I will be trading or selling away coins that don't fit into this catagory with few exception.

Please email me your list as well. As far as activated coins I read that one of the new updates allows for TBs and geocoins to be adopted just like caches can so transferring activated coins should not be an issue. Tell ya what, send me one of the coins you want to get rid of and I'll go through the adoption process for it :blink:

Me and -Hawk- are gonna go brew some beer next week.  :P

I am sure that is much better :(

Hehe.. I was thinking more along the lines of "what to MAKE it crappy sentence structure?".

j/k..j/k!! But in all seriousness, when you're brewing, things tend to get a little foggy. I really need to make more mead. <SIGH>

Why do I get the feeling that we'll soon see these coins on Ebay :P

Kidding!

Team Sand Dollar

:(

I may buy that kidney. :P

Me and -Hawk- are gonna go brew some beer next week. :wub:

oh man,,, I knew it would happen,,,, 2 of my favorite hobbies, and now I find another person addicted as well,,,, lets get together, brew a 5 gallon batch, and talk about hops and geocoins! :P

What coins do not fit into the above categories?

I'm still working on that but the list above is the general catagory. Just about any coin that is not related to a group, person or cache.

But there will be exceptions like Joe Merchant, Serial Cacher

Team Sand Dollar

I'd be happy to trade you an unactivated red-handed for the activated one (actually, if you agree to release the activated one then I'll send you the unactivated one so you can trade it off). They are pretty much all sold out, but I feel your pain man!

It is "sort of" a personal coin -- that's why it's Lemon Fresh Dog's Travelling coin. However, I too started getting much more selective on the coins I trade/buy and even want. There are just far too many......sort of like Beanie Babies, Pokemon, and Sport Cards..... :(

I just looked at my last weeks coin purchases, WOW.

I'm going to have to pull the brake, this hobby is costing $$$.$$

It seems there are about Six or a 1/2 dozen new coins week, I can't keep up :(:P

I have a lot of coins in hand to trade, and more coming, so I will be looking to trade for the new coins, but dang, Can't buy em all.

edited for no apparent reason.

Edited by Cruiserdude
I just looked at my last weeks coin purchases, WOW.

I'm going to have to pull the brake, this hobby is costing $$$

It seems there are about Six or a 1/2 dozen new coins week, I can't keep up :(:P

I have a lot of coins in hand to trade, and more coming, so I will be looking to trade for the new coins, but dang, Can't buy em all.

It's been a tough month. Seems to be slowing down a bit. I keep track of each month and some are tougher than others. I think with the saturation most will be limiting their buying rather than getting every one available.

Just read the post about coins being adopted, so the unactivated to activated trade isn't really going to help anyways. -- good luck trading it. I saw one on a different site and a pretty high price.

Is there somthing about adopting coins. Can't you transfer onership like a cache or Tb.

Richard

Just read the post about coins being adopted, so the unactivated to activated trade isn't really going to help anyways.  -- good luck trading it.  I saw one on a different site and a pretty high price.

Is there somthing about adopting coins. Can't you transfer onership like a cache or Tb.

Richard

It prety easy. I had one coin in my collection that I was reducing but wasn't in my dads collection. I just had him adopt it. The link is in the pinned area:

Newcomer's Guide To Coin Collecting.

Team Sand Dollar