Businesses In City Select Ver 7

Hanapaa

Over here, there is a street that has been there for about 3 years and it still doesn't show with CS7. I don't think there is a way of deleting or updating any info that is obsolete :)

No easy way to update the maps directly (although there are the tools for creating your own maps that could be used).

But the map data comes from NavTeq, so giving them the information on their feedback page:

http://www.navteq.com/updates/mapfeedback.html

should at least improve things for everyone in the following release.

i just put city selct ver7 in my legend and half of the businesses and restaurants are old and no longer around, is there a way to update the info?

Half? :) I have City Select v6 and I've found most places are still there. Yeah, once in a great while I plug in a Chinese restaurant and find a Thai place there instead, or the CVS is now a Pathmark, but generally I'm shocked at how up to date the software is.

The information is usually about 3 years old when the current version hits the street. My brother moved into a new house back in 2001 or 2002 and his street did not make it into the maps until like three years later. I guess it can take a while for them to discover new streets and businesses, and then to send someone out to make tracks, and then to get the data encoded into the new img files.

I'm buying a new house right now - just signed the contract a month ago. The street has been paved and named, and all sewer lines, driveway aprons, sidewalks, lamp posts are in place. All of the lots are vacant right now, with some dirt moved around just two weeks ago. I've recorded my tracks as I've visited the new 'hood a few times, and I've sent coordinates for the intersection and an .xls file of the tracks of the new street to NavTeq about two weeks ago. I'm going to assume that my report is the first one for the street, and it'll be interesting to see how long it takes before my street makes it into new maps.