2 Different Ontario Coins?

Not So Lost Puppies

Speaking of the Georgia-Ontario coin, I think I got the best tracking number of the bunch. I don't want to post exactly what it is (to avoid virtual logging), but let's just say that it could be read as...

ON for GA

:laughing:

Wonder if I can get one that says ON for ON from the group out of Ontario.

That Ontario coin looks fantastic. Everything I like in a coin rolled into one.

Including the dig at the other coin :):)

Or is this yet another Ontario coin?

It's not trackable on this site and has no color. Those are 2 things that I like in a coin. I'd hardly call this one a dig at the other Ontario coin. Being as they're from Ontario I'd say they have every right to make it.

Including the dig at the other coin :):)

It's not trackable on this site and has no color. Those are 2 things that I like in a coin. I'd hardly call this one a dig at the other Ontario coin. Being as they're from Ontario I'd say they have every right to make it.

Everytime I see the phrase "Ontario's 1st Geocoin" on that coin, my subconsiousness translates it to: "This isn't the coin designed in the U.S. Really. We had the idea first." I wish they would have designed a coin without the nod to the coin they so despise.

If you think that statement was going to be on the coin before the "other" coin came to be, then I can just recall my favorite double-positive phrase: Yeah, Right!

It is a nice enough coin (I too appreciate the 2 features mentioned by Vargseld), and anyone coming late to the party will be blissfully ignorant of the spat.

Edited by pdxmarathonman
I was checking out the number of coins minted page, and it shows two different Ontario coins... one from Georgia, the other an 'official' Ontario made coin. both are listed as trackable.

What is the difference? Can someone post the different pictures?

Here is the pictures you requested. I also worked with the Ontario Geocachinf Org , of which I am a member. They are thinking of makeing a coin but they are very early in the dissussion period at this time.

bee4f0c1-ab03-4736-82de-d861141f0df7.jpg

This is the Nickel Silver coin 200 made. We made 100 in 24K gold plate and 700 in Antique Bronze.

Thanks

Speaking of the Georgia-Ontario coin, I think I got the best tracking number of the bunch. I don't want to post exactly what it is (to avoid virtual logging), but let's just say that it could be read as...

ON for GA

:)

Wonder if I can get one that says ON for ON from the group out of Ontario.

Yes I just searched the Tracking numbers ans that is a good one! they only one like that BTW.

Thanks

I was checking out the number of coins minted page, and it shows two different Ontario coins... one from Georgia, the other an 'official'  Ontario made coin.  both are listed as trackable.

What is the difference?  Can someone post the different pictures?

Here is the pictures you requested. I also worked with the Ontario Geocachinf Org , of which I am a member. They are thinking of makeing a coin but they are very early in the dissussion period at this time.

(image removed)

This is the Nickel Silver coin 200 made. We made 100 in 24K gold plate and 700 in Antique Bronze.

Thanks

Ok, that is the one I have... so what is the other one that is trackable? or is it the 'in progress' one? if its in progress how does the qty made site know any numbers or finishes?

I have purchased a set of the New Ontario Coins,, They are on there way, I ordered an extra # 360 I think someone on here likes the coins with #360 on it, so maybe something in the near future for them :)

I believe they stated

"This is the 1st Geocoin created, designed, produced and sold in Ontario"

I don't know if I can put a link to the page where these coins are ? but if anyone wants it let me know or if I can post it I will

But your right, It does seem like a personal coin as it does have his caching name.. Nice coin though

Versions of the coins

Antique Bronze

298 coins

#201-#500

Antique Silver

101 coins

#101-#200,

Gold Plating (18kt)

100 coins

#1-#100

Edited by Sliver & Lucy

Someone just directed me to this thread. Yes the "2005 Ontario Geocoin" does exist and is already out there in the GeoWorld.

A while ago we produced the "2005 Ontario Geocoin" to represent the Province of Ontario and have initially only offered it up for sale to people in Ontario (and also more recently Canada)...It seemed only right that since this is a Provincial geocoin representing the Province of Ontario, that people from Ontario get first chance at obtaining this coin. This is our first attempt at making a coin for a hobby that we love and a Province that we are all from, and we are really thrilled at how great they turned out. It has been met with a lot of excitement and interest so far from many Ontario geocachers. Any remaining coins will at some point be made available publically to the rest of the world (ok a few non-Canadians have already purchased their coins through word of mouth). However, we've gone with the policy that anyone that asks will get them.

Some may be wondering why it has my user id on the back of it. This was a tough decision as we had toyed with different things, anywhere from no names to including several of our ids. I personally put up all the money up front for the making of this coin. We could have easily done pre-sales for these coins as many other people who make coins do, but we didn't. I'm still a bit worried that I will lose several hundred $ on this, but it's the chance we took.

The following quantity were produced:

18kt Gold Plating - 100: #1 to #100

Antique Silver - 101: #101 to #200 and a special #2100

Antique Bronze - 298: #201 to #500 (2 were missing)

If anyone has any questions or wants any more information on the coins, feel free to email me personally or look at the web page we created.

I was checking out the number of coins minted page, and it shows two different Ontario coins... one from Georgia, the other an 'official' Ontario made coin. both are listed as trackable.

What is the difference? Can someone post the different pictures?

Probably a stupid question... but which page are you referring to?

Including the dig at the other coin :):blink:

I thought you meant you liked birds and waterfalls..... :)

Thats what I like about it.... :):)