Spoiler Sync

John Stead

I am having difficulty with Spoiler Sync which has previously worked without difficulty but which now refuses to download any spoilers. Is it possible that the changes in the GC pages have caused this? The downloads I am getting read thus:-

GCM2CB - )IMG SRC..imagesstockholm16x16images.gif alignabsm1ver=

which means little to me - any ideas please? :laughing:

Anyone else having problems like me?

I just decided to clean out my spoiler folder and run spoiler sync for my unfound within 50 miles. Trouble is it isn't picking up any pics at all (I have the setting to pic up all pics). Just wanted to check if others are having the problem before reporting it to Keith.

T

Edit to add: I am running the latest version - I even uninstalled and re-installed

Edited by Pengy&Tigger

Okay it wasn't a problem with spoiler sync specifically - basically the site blocked my IP temporarily because of using spoiler sync to scrape the spoilers. I didn't actually get any pictures at all - so I'm not sure what this means for the future of the program going forward. I would be interested to hear if others suffer the same fate.

T

T

I had a problem with SpoilerSync a few months ago and corresponded with Keith about it. It became apparent that my Norton firewall may have caused the problem. If I disabled the Norton firewall and used the Windows firewall it worked fine. After seeing your posting, I thought I would try SpoilerSync using Norton firewall and, you've guessed it, it is working fine (for me) now. So I think changes have been made by GC.com as nothing has been changed in my Norton firewall.

So I think changes have been made by GC.com as nothing has been changed in my Norton firewall.

It's notchanges to the pages themselves, but I think that with the servers being so busy lately, the site is now throttling people who access too many pages over a short period of time, which is exactly what spoiler sync does.

So I think changes have been made by GC.com as nothing has been changed in my Norton firewall.

It's notchanges to the pages themselves, but I think that with the servers being so busy lately, the site is now throttling people who access too many pages over a short period of time, which is exactly what spoiler sync does.

But it does seem to be a coincidence that mine is now working with Norton Firewall. I tried it with 100 caches that had 64 images and it worked fine.

Version 1.0.20 has been released with tweaks in the code to handle the new image url (many thanks to dino-irl for pointing this out). <_<

Users of v1.0.19 need to hold down the Shift key when pressing the Start button to force SpoilerSync to check for an upgrade (normally it only checks every few weeks). You should then be prompted to upgrade to v1.0.20

Any problems please email spoilersync (at) anode.plus.com

Version 1.0.20 has been released with tweaks in the code to handle the new image url

Unfortunately not. Since yesterday night it wasn't longer possible for me to download any pictures. I was running a download and in the middle of that process no more pictures were transmitted. <_<

Regards

whitesun

There are 2 issues at hand here:

1) new image server - corrected by version 1.0.20

2) Throttling by g.com due to accessing too much info too quickly

If you are getting the images at first, then half way through you get no pictures, chances are its the second one. The solution to this one is to increase your delay and maybe run it for smaller batches.

Also if the site is actually down at that point, which does happen at weekends, then you won't get anything either.

T

Edited by Pengy&Tigger