The New Look Of Geocaching.com

scole

I love the new site design the updates allow for an easier interface to use and faster loadtimes overall for those of us on dial up. However despite the fact that this is useful it only works right in IE! (Internet Explorer) A few other IE derivitives will work as well ex. AOL Explorer, Avant, and others. What I found the first time I got onto Geocaching on IE was that this is great, until I opened in Firefox. None of the images on the new navigation menus will work at all in Firefox. It doesn't seem like a big deal until you go to view someone's profile, I don't know it would just be nice to have the experience of enjoying this new look in Firefox. What do you think????

Edited by scole

I think you need to update your verson of Firefox.

Firefox 1.0 through 1.0.7 would give you the reminder to update when a new Firefox version was release, but 1.0.7 stopped doing that.

Since then, Firefox 1.5 has been released and fixes a number of bugs in Firefox that prevent the correct rendering of the latest CSS (cascading style sheet) formatting.

This is why your profile pages do not look right. Update your Firefox ( http://www.getfirefox.com ) and all will be right again. Just install it on top of the old version and you'll keep all of your customizations but benefit from all of the bug fixes between 1.0.7 and 1.5.

so what am I doing wrong if I don't see any tabs....

Quick View | Watchlist | Geocaches (Mine) | Travel Bugs (Mine) | Benchmarks | Member Features

Just the words is all I see....

Figures, I broke it already......

:laughing:

*****UPDATE*******

I can see it on other peoples stats page, but not mine. Is that the way it is supposed to be???

Edited by Baptist Deacon
so what am I doing wrong if I don't see any tabs....

Quick View | Watchlist | Geocaches (Mine) | Travel Bugs (Mine) | Benchmarks | Member Features

Those links are supposed to be just words, not tabs. They're what you see on your "My Account Page".

The tabs are on your profile page. (Click the "View my profile" link from your "My Account" Page. Then you should see tabs for Profile, Geocaches, Trackables, and Gallery.

So if I update firefox then I will be able to read the links again on the profiles at the top?

Yes, on Windows and Linux, updating Firefox to 1.5 from 1.0.7 (you can see your version by opening the Help menu and selecting "About (Mozilla) Firefox") will move the tabs down from behind the text appropriately.