New Geocoin Available

Rusty O Junk

I just bought and paid PayPal for a new geocoin from a geocaching organization. There were 300 made of which only 200 are being sold. Since its being sold on a commercial website I can't post where it is on sale at.

The resourceful will find it

I think we posted about the same sale at the same time :laughing: . Great geoocin collectors think alike! I do think it's ok to post a link to that sale, I haven't seen other threads shut down for it.

I see that place also charges a $2 "handling fee". How come so many are upset with the other coin selling organization for charging the same $2 fee but no one complaines about this organization??

BTW, I'm not complaining about either organization for they are both providing a service by promoting coins for sale as well as handling the entire selling process and shipping process. This fee is for the services they are providing. I wouldn't expect them to provide these services for free. Like someone else mentioned, it's their servers, their software, their programmers, their secured web site, their bandwidth, and their labor for doing all the shipping/refunds/and damages.

....Anthus

I see that place also charges a $2 "handling fee". How come so many are upset with the other coin selling organization for charging the same $2 fee but no one complaines about this organization??

BTW, I'm not complaining about either organization for they are both providing a service by promoting coins for sale as well as handling the entire selling process and shipping process. This fee is for the services they are providing. I wouldn't expect them to provide these services for free. Like someone else mentioned, it's their servers, their software, their programmers, their secured web site, their bandwidth, and their labor for doing all the shipping/refunds/and damages.

....Anthus

Most likely because the cost of buying just one of this coin isn't so bad with the $2 fee since it was priced at $5.

I think it is a bigger problem when it starts to cost someone $10 or more for a single coin.

Maybe it isn't so much the $2 fee as it is the $2 fee on top of an over priced coin?

....Anthus

Because the base price from others has reached $10+ per coin plus the handling fee :laughing: . Some have managed to produce a coin and still keep it at a reasonable price even with a $2.00 handling fee :laughing:.

I see that place also charges a $2 "handling fee".  How come so many are upset with the other coin selling organization for charging the same $2 fee but no one complaines about this organization??

BTW, I'm not complaining about either organization for they are both providing a service by promoting coins for sale as well as handling the entire selling process and shipping process.  This fee is for the services they are providing.  I wouldn't expect them to provide these services for free.  Like someone else mentioned, it's their servers, their software, their programmers, their secured web site, their bandwidth, and their labor for doing all the shipping/refunds/and damages.

....Anthus

Most likely because the cost of buying just one of this coin isn't so bad with the $2 fee since it was priced at $5.

I think it is a bigger problem when it starts to cost someone $10 or more for a single coin.

Maybe it isn't so much the $2 fee as it is the $2 fee on top of an over priced coin?

Wow, great minds must think alike? I was typing the same time you where and managed to come up with the same response :laughing: .

I see that place also charges a $2 "handling fee".  How come so many are upset with the other coin selling organization for charging the same $2 fee but no one complaines about this organization??

BTW, I'm not complaining about either organization for they are both providing a service by promoting coins for sale as well as handling the entire selling process and shipping process.  This fee is for the services they are providing.  I wouldn't expect them to provide these services for free.  Like someone else mentioned, it's their servers, their software, their programmers, their secured web site, their bandwidth, and their labor for doing all the shipping/refunds/and damages.

....Anthus

Wow, great minds must think alike? I was typing the same time you where and managed to come up with the same response :laughing: .

Ok. So it's more the base price of the coin than it is the handling fee. I too agree that a base price of $10 is a bit much.

I also figured out that there is quite a difference in minting charges from one organization to another. If I would have had my coin minted through one particular reasonably popular minter (sorry I cannot name names) my minting price would have been $2 cheaper per coin so I could have charged $2 less per coin which would have been around a $5 base price. Live and learn, I guess.... I'll be much more educated when or if I do another coin.

Thanks.....Anthus

It pays to do research :laughing:

I think it was a combination of the price and fee. and maybe the fact this site was up front about there being a $2 fee per order on the coin listing page, the other 'appeared' to be hiding inside the shipping charge.

True that it works out to be the same fee, but I think for many it is easier to accept that when it is made clear that it is there.

Also if the coins are in stock, this site lets you order various coins and still only get the one fee (as well as order more than 10, but I hear the other is working on that changing) the other makes you buy each coin seperately and charges the $2 each time. (as well as for additional orders if you want more than 10)

Edited by Not So Lost Puppies
Well I can't find it. I checked your trade list, 2 commercial sites and the link to your web page in your profile.

Can we trade?

You've got mail...

I can't answer your email cause you don't receive it when I do. I could really use the link or a trade with RustoJunk himself.

Was this the Shakesphere coin? If Yes, I made arrangements and got that. Otherwise there was no other presale shown that was new on TCP website.

Edited by AtlantaGal
Well I can't find it. I checked your trade list, 2 commercial sites and the link to your web page in your profile.

Can we trade?

You've got mail...

I can't answer your email cause you don't receive it when I do. I could really use the link or a trade with RustoJunk himself.

Was this the Shakesphere coin? If Yes, I made arrangements and got that. Otherwise there was no other presale shown that was new on TCP website.

I was assuming this is the discussion of the coin from ol' Bill's hometown. I need to see if I can send Big JohnP some email....

Can we trade?

You've got mail...

I was assuming this is the discussion of the coin from ol' Bill's hometown. I need to see if I can send Big JohnP some email....

Yes you can, PDX. :)

I just bought and paid PayPal for a new geocoin from a geocaching organization. There were 300 made of which only 200 are being sold. Since its being sold on a commercial website I can't post where it is on sale at.

I really wanted a "you know what" from that "other" place but was afraid to post the link to "you know where",,,, :)

Buying coins now involves meeting someone in a trenchcoat named "Guido" under a lampost at midnight. yeah,,, I need to score a bag of coins. :)

I just bought and paid PayPal for a new geocoin from a geocaching organization.  There were 300 made of which only 200 are being sold.  Since its being sold on a commercial website I can't post where it is on sale at.

I really wanted a "you know what" from that "other" place but was afraid to post the link to "you know where",,,, :)

Buying coins now involves meeting someone in a trenchcoat named "Guido" under a lampost at midnight. yeah,,, I need to score a bag of coins. :anicute:

And the funny thing about this is everyone knew where to go, without a link. We must be evolving :) .