Evil Chicken Geocoin

Evil Chicken

I decided to screw up enough courage and design a geocoin. I surprised myself and actually had a really good time doing it!

Black_coin.JPG

Black Nickel - limited to 150 coins - Sold Out!

Coin is 1.75" in height

Egg shaped

5 colors

Eyes in the crack glow in the dark

Serial numbered - not trackable

gold_coin.JPG

Polished Gold - limited to 100 coins (LE) Sold Out!

Egg shaped

1.75" in height

5 colors

Eyes in crack glow in the dark

Serial numbered - not trackable

Either coin costs $5.50 & shipping is $1.50 for the first coin, .50 for ea. additional up to 5 coins. I have to check on shipping costs for any amt. larger than 5 coins or international costs. (If someone here has a good estimate for shipping 5+ coins or internationally, feel free to send me an email!)

I am keeping a small number to trade - but since I am already a nervous nelly about this whole thing and my little mind can only hold limited amts of info at one time, I don't plan to make or discuss any trades until all the coins that need to be distributed are out and in the purchaser's hands.

Anyone interested in purchasing this coin, please send an email through my gc.com account.

Edited by Evil Chicken

Wow!

Thank you all for your kind email comments about the coin! I have to admit, I absolutely love the coin design and am really excited to be able to share it with you all.

I should add that I am asking you to limit your Polished Gold coins to two. A couple of ppl have asked for three and I will honor the request for those ppl because I didn't state it in the original post.

Again, if you want more than 5 coins or are not located in the US, please email and specifically state that you are ordering more than 5 or are international! (I know alot of your forum names, but will be darned if I know where you live!!) If you have already emailed - feel free to drop another reminding me that you need a separate invoice!! I got hit pretty hard with emails and have tried to reply and keep a coin count as quickly and accurately as I can!

Thanks again & I hope you all really enjoy the coin!

Linda (Mother Hen of Evil Chicken)

Just to update:

The gold LEs are sold out. Many ppl bought 2, so I believe there will be some available for trading. I am keeping a few in reserve and expect I will have some left over - so if you are interested in being on a waitlist, please let me know.

I am keeping the LE button active on the website to allow those who reserved to go ahead and pay for them. Anyone who is not on the reserve list and tries to buy an LE will have their order returned. Sorry :o

I'm surprised the coins don't mention Geocaching.

They aren't all as stark as this though :-)

That's part of what makes the coin so diabolically evil! :) Stark simplicity -- and eye(s) peering at you on both sides. MUWAHAHA

Some have asked where the name came from -- as alluded to in Pastor DIC's post, the full story is on our profile page.

An absolute huge THANKS to everyone who has contacted me - whether to trade or order coins! Your comments were very kind and many made me chuckle!

I am closing the ordering at this point. I was hit hard with orders - in order to keep up with replys, I mostly cut and pasted the same email over and over again. So, if it sounded a bit stiff, I apologize - my fingers could not type fast enough to keep up. If you were an overseas order and haven't received your invoice, please contact me again.

I have not forgotten your trade offers -- I merely put them aside in order to handle the orders. If you haven't heard from me yet, don't worry. After a good night of sleep (I got 3 hours last night) and some decent food in my belly I will be in touch. If you made a trade offer and don't hear from me by Friday - feel free to send me another email as it may have gotten lost in the shuffle.

I also forgot to mention that the coins are fully epoxied on both sides - so the coin may be a bit heavier than some others. We tried to keep everything really close to cost (praying I don't have to suck it up too much in extra postage!)

Thanks again for giving us this opportunity to share a coin with you all!

Linda (Mother Hen of Evil Chicken)

Will there be a companion Mother Hen & Chicklets coin? Possibly, somewhere in the distant future if there is interest!

How bad is it that I don't even pay attention to a thread about my own coin! ;)

The coins came in at the end of last week. As a special courtesy to those who traded with me and have already sent me their coins, your EC coins went out first. So, chef, expect to see your coin really soon.

All international orders went out on Friday - all but one international order went global priority (and of course, I didn't take the new int'l rates into consideration and I am absorbing that cost.) The one that didn't is one who paid through the link I provided and paid regular postage.

I have started packing up orders bound for the West Coast and NJ. I hope to have most of those in the mail tomorrow.

If all goes well, almost everyone should have their coins by Friday.

Thanks again for supporting this coin! I plan to do 50 or 100 companion coins (brown egg) with the Mother Hen avatar (since I am the trader/collector/insane one) of our brood. Those coins would be for trade only. If there is a lot of interest from collectors in the coin, I will go trackable and sell them (since I don't wish to be "punished" for mentioning a nontrackable saleable coin on these forums.) Any feedback on either the EC coin or a potential new coin will be appreciated.

I have started packing up orders bound for the West Coast and NJ. I hope to have most of those in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks again for supporting this coin! I plan to do 50 or 100 companion coins (brown egg) with the Mother Hen avatar (since I am the trader/collector/insane one) of our brood. Those coins would be for trade only. If there is a lot of interest from collectors in the coin, I will go trackable and sell them (since I don't wish to be "punished" for mentioning a nontrackable saleable coin on these forums.) Any feedback on either the EC coin or a potential new coin will be appreciated.

Yahoo! The coins are coming.

I'll take 5 of the contiplated brown eggs if you sell them. I hope for a trade for 1 if you decide not to sell them.