New Look To Gc

Mr'D

I don't mind the new look :P  however the log in and the username at the top of the page are so small you can hardley see them and the writting on the pages has got a lot smaller too :(

The css style sheet has been updated so you would need to force a refresh of the local copy stored in the webcache.

To do this simple hold the SHIFT key down whilst you click the refresh button in what ever flavour of web bowser you use. The text should then appear as design intended.

Jermey mentions this via a post in the Geocaching Announcements part of the forum.

CSS, short for Cascading Style Sheets, a feature added to HTML that gives both Web site developers and users more control over how pages are displayed. With CSS, designers and users can create style sheets that define how different elements, such as headers and links, appear. These Style Sheets can then be applied to any Web page.

Edited by stonefisk
The text should then appear as design intended.

It doesn't - but don't worry, the bug will be fixed soon! In the meantime, you can hold down the ctrl key whilst turning the mouse wheel, so you can read the text more easily.

Here's the thread.

HH

oh, IE related css bug, thx. I am not using it :( though my text did start off too small and a shift-refresh of cache fixed it and maybe the original poster also maybe using a non IE browser.

I've just received my first PQ since the new system was introduced and the additional waypoints come as a seperate gpx file.

File one is as usual: 197181.gpx

File two looks like this: 197181-wpts.gpx

This means you can load one or both of them as you see fit. I chose to load the waypoints one into a seperate database to see what it was like. I'm glad I did as the codes seem a little messed up. I'm not sure if this is a Groundspeak/GSAK/Cache Owner problem but I'm gonna be wary of it for a few more days and see how the whole thing settles down.

I predict a new version of GSAK shortly :(

I don't mind the new look :P  however the log in and the username at the top of the page are so small you can hardley see them and the writting on the pages has got a lot smaller too :(

Both of these were fixed for me as well as the decrypt issue by using <Alt><Ctrl>Refresh on Frefox. The equivalent key for IE is Ctrl-F5. See post from Deego towards the top of this thread

I predict a new version of GSAK shortly  :(

I predict a new version of PQ program, shortly - and I take back all the horrible things I said about GSAK.

GSAK is fine - but there's a problem with the PQs. See this post for more info.

I very strongly suggest that people should NOT load the "additional waypoints" GPX file into GSAK or Cachemate, until this has been investigated.

-Wlw

Now, up until this point, I had no problems with the way the new pages looked BUT what is all this tosh about centering ALL of the text?

It looked slicker with the Info justified to the left and if the user wants to centre their short or long descriptions they can.

At the moment, it is extremely difficult to read the info.

Oss!

PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!

If you visit your own TBs page you will now see its tracking number !

Handy if your TB goes awol and you want to replace it but have lost the copy tag and don't keep a note of the tracking number.

That is good, but they have taken away the mileage for each hop, which I liked to see, all you have now is it's total mileage.

Don't know whether this is a new 'feature' or a fault: Have just logged my first TB retrieval on the new pages. Having submitted the log, the TB page correctly records 'recently spotted: in the hands of Sharpeset', but there is no sign of my actal log entry. Am I going mad?

Editted: Having logged out and back in, log now shows properly....hm....

Edited by Sharpeset
Now, up until this point, I had no problems with the way the new pages looked BUT what is all this tosh about centering ALL of the text?

It looked slicker with the Info justified to the left and if the user wants to centre their short or long descriptions they can.

At the moment, it is extremely difficult to read the info.

Oss!

PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK!

Looks like someone is listening. Thanks guys.