Quick Question

bumblingbs

Thanks, I hope this will be quick.

I had a TB, a white Jeep, that I held for a long time, as I wasn't geocaching. I eventually handed it over to a person who said they were a fellow geocacher. Since then, I have reason to think that the TB may now be inactive. Well , ok, gone. Thankfully, it wasn't a personal TB. At any rate, I can't figure out if there is a way on my cache page to indicate the fact that it is likely out of circulation.

I think I've seen this option before, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks~

KB

If the TB is logged into a cache it is possible for the cache owner to mark it as missing. The TB owner can do it as well. I don't think the person shown as holding the bug can do that. On the TB page, on the right side under options is a pull down menu. The cache owner has it defaulted to Recalculate Distance. The TB owner has it default to Mark As Missing. Those may be where you saw this before. I did not see that option on the one bug I am currently holding.

I think the Jeep travel bugs are 'officially' owned by Jeep, and I doubt they care whether it's listed as being in your hands or not. If you want it off your profile you could drop it in one of the travel bug graveyards <http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?key=bug+graveyard&submit4=Find> or in an archived cache.

Your local reviewer might be able to help you mark its location as 'unknown' as well.

If the TB is logged into a cache it is possible for the cache owner to mark it as missing. The TB owner can do it as well. I don't think the person shown as holding the bug can do that. On the TB page, on the right side under options is a pull down menu. The cache owner has it defaulted to Recalculate Distance. The TB owner has it default to Mark As Missing. Those may be where you saw this before. I did not see that option on the one bug I am currently holding.

If anyone runs into this kind of problem in the future, they could just "drop" the bug into one of their own caches, and then, as cache owners, they could declare it as missing.