Hardest Cache?

There are several in active volcanoes, in extreme weather conditions, one on the ocean floor next to a thermal vent, and some that require scuba equipment! :blink:<_<:D

If you are just considering "difficult," and not "extreme," I would check out Don't Do This Cache! GCNCBD by FrioGeo, Burlhunter, & LameDuck. I *ALMOST* wish they were anywhere close to my caching area! :P

Happy Caching!

Lori V.

TeamVilla5

Without the search button i can't really help you much.. but I was reading on here about a year ago and some guy had placed one very near the south pole...

Cone_Z is a physical cache in Antarctica.

No Further South From Here is a virtual at the South Pole.

In a completely different part of the world, you can search for Gokyo Ri, which is located not far from Mount Everest. You'll need about 9 days to acclimatize to the altitude (5360m / 17580ft above sea level).

You need to define "difficult". All over the country are puzzle caches so tough that working on them will make smoke come out your ears.

If you mean physically demanding, then look at 4 or 5 star caches. Though, oddly, some 5 star caches aren't really terribly difficult, they just require a boat, or scuba, or rock climbing equipment etc.. If you have that equipment and are comfortable with it, the cache hunt can be pretty easy.

It depends on what you want. Hard but doable by folks in your area or just rediculious, i.e. a cache at the S. Pole. If you want hard but doable, the only reason to hide a cache, then there are many out there the most famous probable be TUBE TORCHER, C&R and Sissy have a hard one. There are two I have done one a involved SCUBA the other rock climbing skills. It just depends on what you want.

cheers

There are several in active volcanoes, in extreme weather conditions, one on the ocean floor next to a thermal vent, and some that require scuba equipment! :anibad::blink::blink:

If you are just considering "difficult," and not "extreme," I would check out Don't Do This Cache! GCNCBD by FrioGeo, Burlhunter, & LameDuck. I *ALMOST* wish they were anywhere close to my caching area! ;)

Happy Caching!

Lori V.

TeamVilla5

I just finished reading about this cache, after posting my previous message. WHEW!!!! I think I'm glad I live so far away from it, because I wouldn't want to be tempted to try it! It sounds like the cache to end all caches...but the finders (and DNF'ers) sound like they had a great time! Wowowow

Mizdeeds

;)

Try searching all known caches within 100 miles of your home location for 4.5-5* difficulity & terrarin then try and find them or ask the owner for some information about their cache and take your ideas from there. There are so many caches out there it is really hard to get one that stands out above the rest, what happens is that the dedicated locals will find it and everyone else will look at the cache page then find an easier one. Make it somewhat hard but fun then folks will talk about it and WANT to find it.

In a completely different part of the world, you can search for Gokyo Ri, which is located not far from Mount Everest. You'll need about 9 days to acclimatize to the altitude (5360m / 17580ft above sea level).

Funny thing about that cache -- no one has ever actually "found" it, although several people have posted found-it logs for it (all of the "finders" have said "found it -- it's not here" :anibad:)

I'm really surprised that no one has posted an SBA for that one.

The most difficult (amazing, fun, intricate, hair-pulling, grueling, outstanding) cache we've ever done (and probably will EVER do) is Choreographed Chaos (GCNME9). I don't even know if this find is possible without a team approach. Our team was FTF and it took us almost a month after it was placed to solve all the stages and actually find it and that was working as quickly as possible due to competition from other teams. What an undertaking!

Well, while none of them are the very "toughest" caches in the world, our Psycho Urban Caches #2 and above (the series goes to #10 at this point), and our Psycho Backcountry Cache #3, will give you a run for your money (all bear Terrain ratings of 5), and our recently published Psycho Urban Cache #9 - Hot Glowing Tribulations (GCTA5E), well, that is really sick, unless you like hanging out in abandoned nuclear reactors. Of course, there are plenty of other sick and tough caches out there as well; consider "Quantum Leap" (in Texas) or "Holy Wastewater (She It?)" in North Carolina.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

You've got to be kidding me - GCRX5V sounds very interesting. What a sense of humor the cache owner has! I cracked up reading the instructions. I wish it was closer so I could give it a try.

Mizdeeds :huh:

--edited-- typos

I've tried it. I DNF'ed it. Wandering Bears could not have a more appropriate descprition.

I placed (GCT99N) GeoBacon in response. Wandering Bears found it - check his reply to me in his log.

He has placed several in the area and they're all fun finds! We're definitely glad he's out there.

You've got to be kidding me - GCRX5V sounds very interesting. What a sense of humor the cache owner has! I cracked up reading the instructions. I wish it was closer so I could give it a try.

Mizdeeds :o

--edited-- typos

I've tried it. I DNF'ed it. Wandering Bears could not have a more appropriate descprition.

I placed (GCT99N) GeoBacon in response. Wandering Bears found it - check his reply to me in his log.

He has placed several in the area and they're all fun finds! We're definitely glad he's out there.

Awww, shucks. Thanks.

The cache is there, I promise. LOL!

And I even added a hint! The hint is a bit cryptic, but if you don't take it at face value you ought to be able to find it pretty easily.

Mizdeeds :o

--edited-- typos

Awww, shucks. Thanks.

The cache is there, I promise. LOL!

And I even added a hint! The hint is a bit cryptic, but if you don't take it at face value you ought to be able to find it pretty easily.

Well, while none of them are the very "toughest" caches in the world, our Psycho Urban Caches #2 and above (the series goes to #10 at this point), and our Psycho Backcountry Cache #3, will give you a run for your money (all bear Terrain ratings of 5), and our recently published Psycho Urban Cache #9 - Hot Glowing Tribulations (GCTA5E), well, that is really sick, unless you like hanging out in abandoned nuclear reactors. Of course, there are plenty of other sick and tough caches out there as well; consider "Quantum Leap" (in Texas) or "Holy Wastewater (She It?)" in North Carolina.

Due to a large number of requests from folks dying to see the listing page for the cache listed above, we have (at least temporarily) removed the Premium Members-Only status for this cache, to allow regular (non-Premium) members to view the cache listing. Please note, however, that the prerequisite requirements for getting to stage 2 and the final stage of this cache remain in effect. Enjoy!