Im Calling The Aspca!

Poidawg

The last two days I spent geocaching.

I did not go really far, but the caches I attended were away from the general public areas and I have been able to let my dog off the leash to run free.

My dog is 8 years old and we go out everyday for a good half an hour to an hour walkies, so he is in pretty good shape (in spite of breaking a toe and having to have his toenail and first digit removed about two months ago)

So Im here at the computer, logging my finds, and checking out other caches for future finds, and I hear this really, REALLY, REALLY LOUD

"THUD" come from the other room...

Well, I'm dog sitting 2 Chihuahuas and a cat, the only thing able to make such a THUD is my dog, who is 85 pounds, and was sleeping on the futon when I passed by a few minutes ago.

I quickly got up to investigate and to my amazement found my dog had rolled off the futon in his sleep!!!

Poor guy was so tired from running around and rolling in dead things and jumping in the creeks, and sniffing out gopher holes and helping me find the caches...he was probably dreaming about our next find, when he rolled off!!!

I picked him up and dusted him off and put him back on the futon where he went right back to sleep...

I guess I will have to keep my caching to every other day.

It is such a good feeling when I get back from someplace, where my dog has been able to run and I find him stuck to the carpet...from being too tired to respond to anything...

Kids too!!!!

I used to be a kid control officer in Tahoe, and when the kids were restless or started fighting too much, it was time to hit the trails!! Within a couple of minutes, everyones attitude changed for the better!!!!

Oh my gosh that is a funny story, poor dawg! :D:lol::lol:

can relate to that.

Look here and see what I mean.

After her shower and a good drying off, she munched a bit from her bowl and decided that it was time for some shut eye.

Zoltig did you link to the right picture? The picture I see is of a cute little girl. I can that she may need a shower and a good drying off after a day of caching, but to munch from her bowl?? :P

Oh my gosh that is a funny story, poor dawg! :D:lol::lol:

can relate to that.

Look here and see what I mean.

After her shower and a good drying off, she munched a bit from her bowl and decided that it was time for some shut eye.

Zoltig did you link to the right picture? The picture I see is of a cute little girl. I can that she may need a shower and a good drying off after a day of caching, but to munch from her bowl?? :P

Yeah it is the correct link. The story is what I was pointing out. The cute little girl is Quinn,the daughter of Team Fegel.

1783850_300.JPG

However this is Jessie, fast asleep from a hike up and back on the Abyss Trail.

It was a fairly short hike (about 6) but the dog would run up and down the trail 4 times to our 1. Not to mention the occasional dip in the creek to cooooool down.

That pic looks like the furry speed bump I am familar with!!!

Mine is a husky Bull Mastiff mix, and he is totally into puddle jumping, creek crossing, gopher digging, cliff diving and of course making sure the path is okay to travel on by running ahead, and then coming back to make certain I am still with him.

I work shift work and my wife will frequently be working when i go out caching during the day so my dog is my caching buddy. She can alway tell when i have gone caching due to the sleeping dog. My wife gets upset with me when i don't have the chores done before i go, and the dog will always give me away. However when the geo cache pack comes out theres no going with out my dog. For an old dog she sure can move quickly. Theres no leaving her behind. I'd feel more guilty about that than not getting my chores done.

Stormcloud - A sign of a truly good owner. The chores will be there when you get back, if you don't take the dog, it might retaliate and you never know, the couch might be gone when you get back. I agree whole-heartedly. Dog goes with - always.

Sometimes, I even take my friends dog too, then I have twice the entertainment along the way. Of course, I might have twice the dog bathing duties when I get back as well....They NEVER come when there is a dead noxious squirrel in the area they can roll on!!!! :cute:

I really wore out Geo-Kobi the day Rusty O Junk and I bushwhacked Spruce Mtn on Lake George, then climbed Vanderwhacker. Kobi pooped out at the summit. He still insists on going whenever I reach for my boots, or go near the truck. I feel so guilty when I see the look of anticipation on his face turn to disappointment when he realizes he has to stay home "this time".

3dfc1ca7-9b7c-442f-ac18-0afa1e46d0f9.jpg

Edited by Marc G.

He fits right in with that environment...Look at that furbaby...thats the way I like em best, stuck to the floor with a happy spirit!!! I think I am going to try and place all my caches where cachers can go with their dogs. I have been to a couple of caches and found I had to leave my VERY unhappy dog in the car because no dogs were allowed. Needless to say I had to leave the area before finding the cache because the people in the area where I had parked my car thought my dog was singing his death song!!! A couple of times I would sheepishly slink back to the car as fast as I could and go on to another cache because people would crowd around the car sympathising with my dog. He can get loud and obnoxious in a hurry. jeez