Good Etrex Case?

A^2

I've tried this case:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004VX3...5Fencoding=UTF8

I wasn't impressed with the way the plastic over the screen created some nasty glare. Now, for screen protection, I'm using sheets that I use on my Palm also.

I'm looking for a good case that my eTrex Legend can slip in and out of.

I looked at the NiteIze offerings, but am not impressed with the plastic belt clip. Anyone have an experience with these?

Mainly looking for well-made, good clip and/or attachment system for shoulder strap.

Any good recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by A^2

I have the same case, the glare can get bad at times and I have to keep taking my sunglasses of to read through it.

I saw some cases at lowes the other day at the check out aisle, even had a gpsr on the cardboard advertisement. They had a metal belt clip and seamed pretty sturdy, but they are holster type only.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I have found a couple of more items which really help this topic out.

First, the Garmin case I linked to above (the holster, not the neoprene) is a horrible fit. The eTrex is very tight in it and the velcro for the flap just barely catches. Not well designed in my mind at all.

However, after a lot of looking around, I found these:

http://www.accucase.com/gps.html

I picked one up this morning from REI. It is perfect. Rigid, light and well-made (it is produced by the same company who does all the molded components on police belts). Best part, it fits my Legend like a glove and has an internal strap to help secure it. It was well worth the $20!